force feedback

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by juanchioooo, Dec 14, 2017.

1. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

could force implementation be implemented in force feedback when changing gears?
    and put it within the options of simulator having more or less strength according to each player??Thank you

2. LokiD

LokiD Registered

that would be canned and strictly forbidden in rf2 !! hehe Yeah would be nice..

juanchioooo likes this.
  3. Lazza

Lazza Registered

What force?

4. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

Any kind of added detail is a welcome to me.

Having said that rF2 has the most detail, especially in the vintage cars where there is so much frame flex to take into account, which rF2 does nicely. You can't just put your foot to the floor like you can in other sims.

But yeah.... More detail is always good. That feeling of the car wondering off and jerking in potholes on a back straight of historic Spa in rF2. Oh yeah!!

juanchioooo likes this.
  5. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

It's a pretty real detail, what makes us feel more like being in a racing car, it's Force Feedback, it's positive and probably does not have much work to implement "(I do not know 100%)," and to be able to put more and less force adjustments

Pauli Partanen likes this.
  6. Pauli Partanen

Pauli Partanen Registered

With my Thrustmaster pedals+wheel there is force feedback when I lock my tires and rev my engine. Could some 3rd party software do this too?

7. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

everything can be done, hehe, but the game itself can implement that and more details such as lateral, longitudinal forces, that is, the skids and understeer.
    but logically that's work for studio 397

8. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

What FFB is expected from gear change?
    Gear changes provoke a temporary variation in tire load that does affect FFB.

I am not sure what type of reaction you are expecting @juanchioooo. Can you elaborate?

Offtopic: Have you realized that when the car is flying it provides a quite strong an unrealistic FFB? It is something that I have realized when doing the jump and loop tests in EuskoTestTrack.

Pauli Partanen likes this.
  9. LokiD

LokiD Registered

its why i like race rooms ffb so much, its all well and good having it real from the tyres. but as sim racers we lose on a lot of real world ffb, any enhancement in that are is welcomed by me. Imo in some areas rre ffb is better than RF2!

juanchioooo likes this.
  10. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

@SPASKIS @Lazza

the force hit when the gear is engaged ,
    I'm not sure whether the translation is correct or not, sorry

golpe de fuerza que se ejecuta al engranar la marcha, no se si esta bien traducido ,

11. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

yes in raceroom is very well done

12. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

I think the problem you are referring would be solved if the so much desired real transmission model would be implemented. The result will be far better than if some fake FFB is added. When you simularel things you get less surprises.

You may reconsider your wish.

13. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

There is no problem, have you tried it? false ffb? everything is actually false because it is a simulation, it is not really real, it is simulated
    any improvement that brings us closer is not bad
    but what about fake fbb? I think you're very wrong , or confuse different things ... regards

14. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

No entiendo tu post Juanchio. Sólo digo que la mejor manera de simular las reacciones que has comentado sería simular correctamente el sistema de transmisión del coche.

Después he hecho un comentario acerca de un FFB extraño cuando el coche esta en el aire que parecería indicar que parte del FFB no sale directamente de la simulación. En el aire el volante tendría que quedarse blando pero en rF2 se endurece.

Si alguien está confundido serás tú, yo tengo las cosas bastante claras. Tu comentario acerca de que todo es falso demuestra cuanto sabes de simulación.

juanchioooo likes this.
  15. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

me parece bien lo del sistema de transmisión, pero implementar en el force feedback el golpe de fuerza de la transmisión no es nada malo, todo lo contrario, en lo de la dirección también tiene razón, en el aire la dirección se queda suelta, en la realidad sujetan el volante para que no se varié salvo si no es una recta, en lo que se de simulación del falso fbb lo nombrastes tú,y tambien te doy la razon, es falso porque no deja de ser un software ,como los auriculares 7,1 exactamente igual , pero como veo que quieres discutir y yo no, te doy la razón tambien, no se nada de simulación,;)

I have answered in Spanish because I have been told so, and since I do not speak English, so I answered, I'm sorry

16. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

That gear change effect in rr ffb I don’t actually like,from the limited track days I’ve done,most sims have too many effects within the ffb compared to my limited real life experiences.

17. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

[QUOTE = "patchedupdemon, post: 925272, member: 46429"] Ese efecto de cambio de marcha en rf ffb En realidad, no me gusta, de los días de pista limitada que he hecho, la mayoría de los sims tienen demasiados efectos dentro del ffb en comparación con mis limitadas experiencias de la vida real. [/ QUOTE]
    that effect in concrete in real life is existing in a racing car
    the best way to transmit to me is the fbb

18. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

I’ve felt sequential paddle shift gear changes through the seat,but never the wheel,but I haven’t driven every car obviously.
    Driving experience in an lambo eventador.

juanchioooo likes this.
  19. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Registered

Was going to comment a similar thing. Shift gear changes irl are felt in your a$$ and body, not through the wheel based also in my limited experience. I find the shift effect in R3E pretty awful and have it disabled.
    If some people want it, it's fine with me as long as it can be disabled.

patchedupdemon and juanchioooo like this.
  20. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

I use cockpit without movements, the cockpit does not transmit anything to you, yes?,the forcé feedbac if you can do it
    the one who does not want it of course can deactivate it, to me if I like the of raceroom, it can be given more or less force or deactivate it