Force Feedback

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by Jeferson Richart, Oct 23, 2013.

1. Jeferson Richart

Jeferson Richart Registered

Hi

In Devmode we have the ability to configure the FFB settings, and this is reflected instantly on the track. Is there some setting by car (in. HDV for example) that allows us to configure this setting car by car?

In rFactor 1 we had at least the option of SteeringFFBMult.

Sorry for bad English.

Thanks

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

This one perhaps?

NominalMaxSteeringTorque=22 // Maximum steering arm torque to effect force feedback strength

3. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

Hello, in my test work to transfer a car from rF1 to rF2 and I have a strange behaviour link to FFB.

I take my rF1 physics, add the minor changes to put them compatible with rF2 (adding TGM ISI tire only) and make a test with NominalMaxSteeringTorque=25 instead of SteeringFFBMult=4
    So that's a direct transposition of physics without any change in TBC, PM and so on.

The NominalMaxSteeringTorque=25 is the value of the C6R ISI and the feeling with my wheel with Ingame Car Specific FFB value at 1.0 is good for me.
    When I apply this value with my car the FFB is like twice too heavy !!!

What element in physics have an impact like this on FFB? I tried to change the pneumatic trail in physics, but no change on that point !!
    Is linked to .TBC, Is linked to .PM, or other thing in HDV?

If anybody have an idea, today I don't know where searching.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2013
  4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I think the .pm file will influence the force - so the actual suspension geometry in combination with the steering arms. rF1 didn't rely on this directly (unless you used a plugin like RealFeel, which used purely the steering arm force to generate FFB) so maybe your suspension isn't quite right.

Your other option would be to change the NominalMaxSteeringTorque to 50 (to halve the forces), but it's probably better to check that the geometry is correct.

I'm assuming your car should be producing similar FFB to the C6R, obviously.

5. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

Ok, I will compare the suspension to check with C6R.
    Thank you. I notice tis kind of "issue" with the F3 mod from MAK-Corp.