Force Feedback with G27, especially no lock-up-FFB

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by dersirromet, Mar 15, 2014.

1. dersirromet

dersirromet Registered

Hello,

I have real problems with the Force Feedback settings with the G27. First of all: I'm using the standard G27-FFB-Profile, in the game itself as well as in the Logitech Profiler.
    The biggest problem is: There is no force feedback, if my wheels lock-up. In Assetto Corsa, you have that kind of force feedback so you know, how to break appropiately. In rF2, you don't have, at least I dont. This leads to the problem, that I always am locking-up the wheels and using them up without even really noticing, when they lock-up.

While generally the force feedback feels good, especially in the Marussia it's really weak, even if you change the FBB strength to 2.0. Normally, if you let go of the steering wheel, it turns to the middle position, but not in the Marussia for some reason. I'm not really sure what the problems here are, the Force Feedback just doesn't seem as well polished as in Assetto Corsa, which frustrates me, because it looks like technicially its at least as good as Assetto Corsa ones(btw: I had problems with Assetto Corsas FFB too, until I found settings for the game and the Profiler.)

Does somebody have any ideas?

Greetings from Germany

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

By default the brake effects aren't applied to the steering wheel FFB. There is a setting:

Brake effects on steer axis="0"

which needs to be set to 1. This is in either your controller.ini, or the G27 profile .ini file (not sure on changing that, I just use the controller.ini but I also don't select the G27 in game...). You'll find those files under your UserData folder.

3. dersirromet

dersirromet Registered

As you obviously use the G27, could you tell me, what settings you do use? :)

4. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Also I would start out in windows, check the wheel there, test ffb etc. recalibrate if needed.
    Latest drivers?
    It could be its not setup properly to begin with.

As far as I know, and experienced, the G27 works out of the box in rf2.

5. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Yeah, I don't change anything. The profiler I have on 100% strength, in game I just assign the controls (manually), and that's it. Adjust the vehicle-specific FFB to suit and away you go. I don't drive that many different cars though, so can't really comment on specific issues.