Force Feedback broken after leaving pit several times

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Carsten Wilhelm, May 12, 2020.

1. Ayrton de Lima

Ayrton de Lima Registered

Hello, I have a Fanatec Porsche Turbo S and I solved this problem by installing the 205 driver, using the newest ones he had the same problems mentioned by you, with the 205 it works perfectly.

2. Marko

Marko Registered

Hi, i had similiar issue but with CSL DD wheel. This helped in that case:
    Steering resistance saturation":0, in controller.json

Marko

3. Zkvrko

Zkvrko Registered

I started having the same problem with Fanatec CSL DD 8nm a few days ago. After I updated Fanatec driver v.439 ->v.445 and update Fanatec firmware (wheelbase 1.1.7.6, wheelbase motor 1.0.2.2) this appeared. RFactor2 version is 1130. An extraneous rumble of the shaft suddenly appeared when leaving the garage after a collision with other cars or walls. FFB is present, but some weaker than before. "FFB reset" button does not fix the problem. I must close and then reopen rF2 to fix it. This problem is absent with other sims (ACC, RRRE, AMS2).
    I tried to roll back the driver to version 439, but the problem did not fix. I cant revert a wheelbase firmware. I think is the game bug with latest Fanatec drivers and base firmware.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2022
  4. Toose

Toose Registered

Hi saw this post as i am having the same problem with a CSL DD. Installed the game about a week or so ago, FFB been working fine. Saw a youtube video about making the strength setting a negative value, tried it, wheel went crazy, now no FFB at all in game. Did a Steam file integrity check, (it re-installed one file) put all FFB settings back the way i had originally ie positive values (as it was when it was working), still no FFB at all. I was enjoying this game, to be honest i'm not very impressed by it's stability, and to see that this FFB issue seems very common gives me no confidence it this title at all.

5. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Integrity check doesn't touch the config files as they're generated by the game.

Try removing/deleting your controller.json file and start again.

The fanatec issue described in this thread is also at their door to help fix.

6. Toose

Toose Registered

Thanks. So if I delete the controller Json file and just restart the game it will create another one on the fly?

7. Toose

Toose Registered

Just deleted controller Json file, re-started game, re-mapped everything still no FFB. Thanks for your efforts. I'll wait until there is a solution, in the mean-time back to AC and AMB2, will re-install it again some time. My issue is i don't have time to stuff around trying to make a game do what it should do. Cheesed off too as i bought alot of DLC for it.

8. Zkvrko

Zkvrko Registered

Today I tested FFB with various combinations of "...saturation" parameters in "controller.json" file and found out that for a working FFB, it is enough to set the parameter:
    'Steering resistance saturation':0,

The remaining parameters do not need to be changed:
    'Brake spring saturation':1,
    'Clutch spring saturation':1,
    'Gearbox spring saturation':1,
    'Other spring saturation':1,
    'Steering spring saturation':0.1,
    'Throttle spring saturation':1

I will continue to watch FFB, but so far so good

davehenrie likes this.