Force cockpit view unfair?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kknorpp001, Dec 1, 2012.

1. hoser70

hoser70 Registered

Sounds good guys. In terms of bang for the buck it seems a Sapphire 7979 OC edition at Newegg is currently the best bang for the buck, at least for me. It has two DVI and a standard display port, which means no buying damn mini display to standard display cables for the 7950, which is only about 70-80 buck cheaper anyway.

2. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

If your monitors are all DVI, then you will still need to buy an active display port adapter, just not the mini, unless you already own one from your current setup.

3. hoser70

hoser70 Registered

I'm already running Eyefinity on my 5870 - got everything I need. Just don't have mini displayport cables though so trying to get a card that doesn't need them.

4. Dave Millard

Dave Millard Registered

Online no.. I have never been i a server with more than 15 or so. Offline yes 25 cars yes.. dawn dusk headlights etc.

5. jtbo

jtbo Registered

True, I have 8800GTS 512, this could use bit more vram, but even with current memory it runs out of grunt with some settings enabled.

I did found out though that ctrl-f green memory meter bar is lying to me, shows almost half green bar when card runs out of memory, so use MSI afterburner or something like that to see how much memory really is used and stay below maximum to avoid issues.

6. Ruben Miranda

Ruben Miranda Registered

Hello
    Well I driver in Cockpit view for the most part because
    of Immersion and to be true (As possible to real life) and weather you think it is fair or not if everyone is in what ever view then it is fair. Same thing if t cam view was forced it would be the same for everyone so it is fair.

And until I see Kimi driving with a t cam up his butt then I will drive from the cockpit.

And in real life they have restrictions on how high you are seating and how much forward and all that.
    And they do this because they don't want you to get a 8 foot driver and sticking him in the car giving him a advantage.

This is a simulation so I never got why they put all these different views to drive from, I sure am glad they have it where the view can be forced, and not have some guy editing the file and racing so far so off the car.

It is not always about being fast for me it is always about immersion, That's what makes it great for me.

Ruben

7. hoser70

hoser70 Registered

8. Marvin Morgan

Marvin Morgan Registered

To me it matters what the server creator wants to put together and his idea or vision of what kind of racing he wants to do. If he wants to have a race where all the participants are sweating it out in cockpit view, manually shifting and all aids off then that's his prerogative. If a person doesn't want to run in that then that's their choice. It isn't like ISI only gave one person a "HOST" button.

1 person likes this.
  9. Timpie Claessens

Timpie Claessens Registered

How can it even be unfair if it's forced and it's the same for everyone. Don't know how this thread got to 7 pages when that's all that had to be said :p

10. lasercutter

lasercutter Registered

because he meant is it unfair on those that dislike or don't want to use cockpit view to be forced into using it to join a race

11. Dave Millard

Dave Millard Registered

No one is forcing anyone to join a race... ;P

12. Vance Le Garde

Vance Le Garde Registered

I have my own electronic gauges and steering wheel infron of me why would I want to force cockpit view for those that dont need it.

I run a server and will never force any particular view on drivers...

13. hoser70

hoser70 Registered

It's still not realistic if you don't drive in cockpit regardless of your hardware however that's the beauty of this game. You can run it realistic if you want or not.

14. Minibull

Minibull Member

This. Right here.

Just like the fixed setup "debate" :rolleyes:
    Noone forces you to do anything. ISI aren't forcing all servers to be a certain way. Find your group of like minded people and race with them.
    Some people want to get serious about their laps and racing, and may get crazy if they get balked.
    Similarly I've seen stacks of people trundling round (comparitively) slowly having a blast.

Maybe if a friends system gets implemented then it will be easier to keep track of the servers and people you like to run with.

15. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

I have to disagree with this hoser. If someone sets up his racing rig to have all the looks of the interior of a car, what need is there to reproduce it on the screen as well? To me if that were realistic the driver should be sent to the doctor to have the double vision checked out.

Let's face it. Everyone has their own idea of what the term realistic means to them. Some are just concerned with realistic handling while others want every aspect of the sim to be as close to real life as possible. There are many who are in the middle of those 2 examples as well. Like everyone has explained though, there is a choice and the server admins can opt to use what ever they feel is "realistic" or what ever they feel is going to fill their server with good racing, or both.

Some are worried that with choice the community has to choose one type of racing or another and that will thin down the available drivers for any one server. I feel that forcing everyone to race a specific way will do the same with the result that we would lose drivers instead of getting more drivers into sim racing. Basically I guess I am saying I am Pro Choice ;)

16. hoser70

hoser70 Registered

I have yet to see a simulator that has an exact cockpit replicated. Even if so, you would still possibly run nose view, but would have to raise the perspective for it to be realistic.

Take the Megane for instance. Are you telling me that by having a steering wheel and digital gauges that you are driving realistically by using another view other than cockpit?

I'm not sure about you, but when I sit in a car, I have a windscreen, dashboard, pillars, hood (bonnet) and a roof over my head.

I guess if he has all at in his living room, running nose view with the perspective raised off the ground could be considered realistic. ;-)

I agree though that it's everyone's choice and glad we have options.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 13, 2012
  17. jtbo

jtbo Registered

There is PLR file option to turn off cockpit graphics even driving from cockpit view, imo.

18. Knight of Redemption

Knight of Redemption Registered

Yeah, I turn of the on screen wheel have the monitors as close to me as I can get them. Get my real wheel to be as close as it can to where it should be and that is nirvana for me. Don't care how others do it, not my business.

19. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

I believe you cockpit view nazis need some help so here's a reason I thought of only because I feel sorry for you lol

You could say that you believe people that are crashers or jerks are less likely to join force cockpit view servers. May not be true but at least would be logical.

You're welcome lol

20. osella

osella Registered

Cockpit view nazis.. I like that.

I hope one day we'll build a huge empire where using other than cockpit view will not be an option for anyone :cool: