Focus lost

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mikla521, Feb 16, 2012.

1. mikla521

mikla521 Registered

Not 100% sure but I really don't think it will work, but I have to ask.

I have dual monitors. Gaming only on one. Is it somehow possible to let rF2 maintain focus when running fullscreen mode? Don't think Windows allowes that....

Reason for asking is that I want to race on one monitor and possibly buy a touch screen to use instead of a button box. But then the game will probably lose focus and return to Windows, not very good during race :)

Someone know if it's possible and how?

2. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

Do you mean "extend" mode?

3. Novis

Novis Registered

Focus means that the window accept all input. If you want to use the touch screen during play it will by default get focus, so no.

If you are programming an application by your own, it may be possible to trick windows to realease focus from the touch screen back to RF2 as soon as it has been triggered by an input.

4. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

If you get a touchscreen get the free program "Touchbuddy"
    It works fine with games.
    I have used it for the past three years with no problems on my 8" touchscreen.
    It will not take the focus and return to the desktop. Now that's a promise! :cool:

5. Kristoff Rand

Kristoff Rand Registered

6. mikla521

mikla521 Registered

Actually I am working on a telemetry plugin. Everything is working, just have to work a bit more of the design. Right now I'm using my secondary screen or TCP communication.
    But it would be interesting to use a small touchscreen as a combined button box and to show telemetry data. The problem then will be to avoid my app to get focus since rF then goes out of fullscreen, or however it will be explained. Even though I have a lot of programming experience, this is an area I never have touched before...avoiding the focus thing, which I actually thought was impossible. But apparently Touchbuddy ( which I just tried out ) is working exactly as I want: can push buttons there on my secondary screen while rF still is running in fullscreen mode, so my first assumption is wrong. So back to the digging part...

7. Novis

Novis Registered

Touch Buddy seems like a cool app. It claims to even work with non-touchscreens using the mouse!

8. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

With my touchscreen I start Teamspeak first and then start Touchbuddy.
    In my Touchbuddy profile I have a Tab set as transparent so I can see TS when needed.
    I can't control TS though but I can view it to see who is on TS.
    So you can run any program under Touchbuddy and still see the program working, eg telemetry programs etc.

And yes Touchbuddy can be used on a non touch monitor using the mouse without losing focus.