[REL] Flat6 Series rF2

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by klo-che, Aug 16, 2015.

1. Flaux

Flaux Registered

Ihad this problem on my old rig when adding alot of cars. Turned out that I had two different RAM sticks installed. Calculations went wrong with all the cars. Do u get the right numbers when checking your ram in the rf2config screen? Both Ram and gfx ram?

2. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

rF2 can create artifacts on its own... If in the gen-file there are
    <MAX>,
    <HIGH>,
    <MED>,
    <LOW> on the wheel instances, then it can create artifacts... rF2 doesn't seem to like that setup anymore...

Maybe the ER team can look for that in their files and let us know if that is a thing...
    If it isn't a thing in their gen files, then I'm afraid it might be a hardware issue on your end, Paul!

3. Paul Fenwick

Paul Fenwick Registered

Cheers guys. To be fair it has only been at COTA that I have noticed it and after rebooting I had no more problems at COTA (btw what a fantastic track to run these cars at!) . And the nordschleif problem was me trying to be crazy with 60 random cars I think it was all you much. I have had no other problems or crashes with any other mod.

4. Coanda

Coanda Registered

Now i am starting to understand these cars. I found 4.5 seconds today and can run mid pack at Silverstone in the mid 2:06s. Happy with that. I haven't driven many cars with a fixed peddle force so most of my time found was in the braking. Not applying 100% brakes really helped. Like you said. Tyre temps are also starting to get up near the sweet spot. Off to find that critical last half second or so..

Curious. First page suggests the weight is 1160 KG however Carstat2 suggests 1280 KG?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 26, 2015
  5. Paul Fenwick

Paul Fenwick Registered

this is more probably my bad driving skills lol but i find that once i tap an ai car especially on the side i lose the back end and just cannot get it back...pro tips anyone ??

6. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

I`m far away from beeing a "Pro", but i would advise to don`t tap the AI`s...^^

7. Paul Fenwick

Paul Fenwick Registered

Yes that would be the number one tip lol

8. David O'Reilly

David O'Reilly Registered

I was wondering about that too! Fuel? Driver?
    I will make a short video of highlights of AI battles at Bathurst. I was sweating and euphoric by the end.
    They defend well, but will compromise exit speed a lot by covering the inside. If you see that one coming, take the fastest line and look for a pass after the corner.

9. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Please keep discussion about the mod of the thread. Our product should be about freedom and giving people choices.

10. gkz

gkz Registered

That is freedom to make post like he did. Called criticism i know isi don t like this. Now i think the vid shows nothing first there complete diffrent in setup second i think the flat6 series is way more to the reallife physics than apex to gt3. gt 3 cars are one of the best pushing cars because of the tuning and aids. For me there not even close to good physics everything is unbalanced in my opinion. Its like apex has the physics but the data are complete off. Only because something is easy don t mean its not realistic.

11. MMartin

MMartin Registered

I tried yesterday nigth this mod online with others about 20 mates. I've to say that it's very nice and funny to drive. I also noticed some artifact... never seen before but I ne ed to double check.

Nice job guys, thank you again.

12. Voltaic

Voltaic Registered

@Flatspotter

Thank you for the reply and suggestion Flatspotter.

However, after going through your suggested steps I already had the "TdrDelay" and it was set to "8". I tried the MOD in several other tracks with the same random erratic errors/crash.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 26, 2015
  13. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

For the ones that have "graphical" issues, the mod is FPS demanding, so put the opponents to HIGH instead of FULL and try again to check if you get more stable results. And put 60 AI on Nord with this car is not a good idea. rF2 support 43 cars online if I remember well, so try to be close this limit ;)

Thank you for your feedbacks. Enjoy.

14. Paul Fenwick

Paul Fenwick Registered

60 at nords worked fine under practice conditions :)

15. Thepharcyde

Thepharcyde Registered

Emptybox brought me back to RF2, wow how things have moved on.

Epic mod, thank you

16. Luc Devin

Luc Devin Registered

quite agree with Tim :)

17. MMartin

MMartin Registered

I solve the problema about nVidia video driver crash going back to version 344. I hope this will help you. Tdr delay work around didn't solve in my case.

18. McFlex

McFlex Registered

I have a question regarding autoblip. In the "readme" it's said that these cars have no autoblip. I had a look in the .hdv and saw that these cars have 0.60 of autoblip enabled. Is this right or a fault. Because from my understanding if these cars habe no autoblip this value should be 0.0 or am i wrong about this?

19. Freddy3792

Freddy3792 Registered

You know that the latest Porsche Cup car has a flappy paddle gearbox?
    If you check out a few onboard shots you see them having paddles now instead of a sequintal shifter

https://youtu.be/Qbo4p7gQ1l4

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5 mit Tapatalk

20. klo-che

klo-che Registered

Thank you guys for the feedbacks. As for Autoblip we are investigating and may have found something, but we will communicate later our overall list of improvements to be included in future updates (in addition to what is already announced), taking in consideration the feedbacks and constructive reports. Stay tuned !