[REL] Flat6 Series rF2

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by klo-che, Aug 16, 2015.

1. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

Gearbox: Six-speed sequential dog-type gearbox (G97/63) with active oil cooling and pressure-oil lubrication.
    A true sequential transmission will very often use dog clutch engagement rather than the more usual synchromesh as fitted to a normal H-pattern road car gearbox. Engagement using dogs only requires a very brief interruption of engine torque to complete a shift into any adjacent gear. This allows shifting between gears without the use of the clutch. The clutch would normally be used only for standing starts.

2. Freddy3792

Freddy3792 Registered

The latest generation of Porsche Cup cars even has paddle shifters, so no heel and toe on reallife anymore.

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5 mit Tapatalk

3. Twogic

Twogic Registered

4. Twogic

Twogic Registered

5. Nitrometh

Nitrometh Registered

This is soooo great. As a "sometime s" driver I haven't got the time to drive that much. But this mode gave me the motivation to drive about 5 hours around the nords and learn how to use heel n toe. Now I know what to do in my spare freetime. Thanks again for this great mod.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9301I mit Tapatalk

6. DocJones

DocJones Registered

That fixed the missing tire sounds for me aswell. :D

7. Voltaic

Voltaic Registered

Needless to say I have been running Flat6 since its release. LOVE IT!

However, and it may not be related, I have been experiencing random odd rF2 crashes with it. I have also had screen black outs during races, though rF2 is still running, or freezes as I get in the car. I even did a fresh rF2 install without any luck. Anyone else having these problems? Suggestions?

Cheers!

8. Paul Fenwick

Paul Fenwick Registered

9. Prodigy

Prodigy Registered

Seems more like the GPU problem.. Have you overclocked the memory?

10. Paul Fenwick

Paul Fenwick Registered

nope not done any overclocking whatsoever...stock settings

11. Flatspotter

Flatspotter Registered

I used to have this problem and I applied a registry fix and the problem disappeared.

From Microsoft:

Exit all Windows based programs.
    Click Start, type regedit in the Search box, and then double-click regedit.exe from the results above. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
    Browse to and then click the following registry subkey:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\GraphicsDrivers
    On the Edit menu, click New, and then select the following registry value from the drop-down menu specific to your version of Windows (32 bit, or 64 bit):

For 32 bit Windows
    Select DWORD (32-bit) value.
    Type TdrDelay as the Name and click Enter.
    Double-click TdrDelay and add 8 for the Value data and click OK.

For 64 bit Windows

Select QWORD (64-bit) value.
    Type TdrDelay as the Name and click Enter.
    Double-click TdrDelay and add 8 for the Value data and clickOK.
    Close the registry editor and then restart your computer for the changes to take effect.

12. TheGame316

TheGame316 Registered

I really enjoy this mod. It feels like a Porsche should. As for the complaints regarding graphics and the comparisons to other Porsche/GT mods out there, here is my 2 cents. When comparing to Apex, remember this is the first public version. Apex have had multiple releases and early versions were graphically poorer and physically comparable than Flat6. In fact graphically, the Apex has really only improved in .930 with previous versions looking on par or worse than Flat6 v1. . Physics wise, the Flat6 hands down have got it right from the start. Apex had a decent feeling Porsche in previous versions, however .930 just feels wrong. limiting myself to setup changes available on Flat6, the Apex0.930 doesn't seem to respond to changes as much as Flat6 or even Apex0.928
    One suggestion to Enduracers and GR, don't make major changes to the physics as that is spot on as it is.
    This is not a slight on Apex as I enjoy their mod but my choice of car with them has changed due to the physics changes.
    I deliberately didn't include URD as it is paid, although I will say one thing on this. If you want people to pay for your mod, you had better have the best of all things, which I am afraid URD do not have.

Lastly, as a base platform, Flat6 is the best start any mod team could hope for. It will only get better and will make the anticipation for the full Endurance Series that much more electric.

13. Justy

Justy Registered

I've seen the odd random artifact too, I noticed it at ISI's Portugal track. So far only noticed it with the trackside cameras; never whilst driving. I have only ever seen this behaviour with this mod and never anywhere else, so not sure it is my GPU, but I will keep an eye on my temps whilst using this mod.

Other than that, thanks Gentleman Racers for this FANTASTIC car, I absolutely love it!

14. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

From the years of "experience" reading such posts, it usually does point out to something affecting the hardware. I hope it's a software conflict, and if it's hardware, that maybe just dust or something not 100% connected... as when things go, after in-game warnings, they GO.

15. Justy

Justy Registered

Fingers and toes crossed, this isn't my PC about to get all mardy on me then. :eek:

16. Coanda

Coanda Registered

hmm very strange. I seem to only to be able to maintain temps between 65-75 deg. For me unfortunately at the moment I am forced to run with a g-pad however with this setup I have not had issues with the AM GT3 mod.. This mod is less sensitive the AM GT3. Dunno, I will keep trying and altering my driving style.

17. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

I think the only reason people are finding it easy to drive is the lack of throttle response. The engine is "lazy" when you stomp on the throttle and takes a while to react. This means that you don't have to be millimetre-accurate on the throttle in and coming out of corners like you do with most cars in rF2. I can't say for sure if it is accurate, but I would doubt it. A noted feature of a well-bred race car or even high-end road car is the speed at which the engine will build revs (in neutral). Then, when gears are engaged it is of course slower, but still ferocious. These cars are very tame and the engine feels like it has a big damper on it preventing any quick responses. The rest of the car--sounds, FFB, handling, braking...all feel top-notch to me. It's just that one item--but it may be on purpose if the goal is to make the car more accessible to the average driver. Which we see the good reviews...

And by the way, although the "911" in Apex does not have this dull throttle response, the Apex "Ferrari" does have it.

18. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

The power output is very gentle but look at the gear ratio too, you barely have any speed until 3rd gear, which you also use for cornering. The other parameters of the setup are finely tuned for that experience too. It is quite accessible but I still see slow guys being several seconds off the pace and struggling with losing the rear end especially with over-eager braking. I disagree about the engine in part because there is an actual rush of speed, albeit not the biggest, though again this is a Porsche Supercup car. I am finding better correlation to real life and must dismiss that argument attempting to diminish this accomplishment vs the other mod. Seriously, "the only reason"... a large pool of drivers also tested this mod. I hope the characteristics aren't altered much after CPM is implemented.

19. Coanda

Coanda Registered

It really is a great mod. i would love to run this on my wheel rig though. For me it highlights where my talent runs out as extracting the total speed and maintaining tyre temp is a real challenge. The more laps I do the more I find I can lean on the loud peddle, particularly through the mid phase of the corner. Challenge excepted!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 26, 2015
  20. Paul Fenwick

Paul Fenwick Registered

My pc is only 3 months old so I don't think it's dust. The picture on the right I saw in game as it overtook me! The one on the left was when I went through the field on replay. But since then I didn't see this again although I have had a couple of crashes to desktop... I noticed someone else said he had experienced this. I think the last crash to desktop was because I asked the pc to run 60 ai at the laser scanned nords track from all the cars I have lol... I wanted that track day feel! It did work just choosing 60 ai from this mod mind!