Flat6 mod Skin fail?

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by D.Painter, Apr 22, 2017.

1. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

Hi all
    Having a issue with adding a new team/driver to the Enduracers Flat6 mod.
    Adding a alt skin to a existing car works fine but this method sucks big time when your trying to have a new cars.
    Using the usual method to create a new team by clicking Create, in the tuning/ spinner window works fine and creates the rcd text file + the DDS folder for your new car.
    Issue is the new car isn't showing in the cars select menu.

In the rcd text file the line "Description" is the line that is read for your new skin and should show in the menu list. Unfortunately this doesn't seam to be working!

I'm still using version 1.0 but V2.0 was just a physics update so should have no bearing on the skins.

Has anyone found this with this mod and if so does anyone know a work around?
    Apart from a complete repack! Not going there. Can, Just not.

2. Chris Lesperance

Chris Lesperance Registered

Are you trying to add it to the Flat 6 mod or the Endurance Series mod? It's a different folder/ shows up in a different spot ingame. I noticed this when I installed the Brumos skin. First I installed it in the wrong folder. Then I was looking for it under the Flat 6 ingame, when it was actually under the Enduance Series.

The other thing that I have been doing lately, is that I use a .veh file and car skin, pack it up in it's own .mas file and place that .mas file in the Installed/Vehicles/(Mod folder) folder. Car shows up in game, and you have the ability to use the full .veh file to use the correct driver name, GENString, etc

I hope I explained everything well enough. If needed, I can post screen shots :)

3. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

The Porsche model in the Flat6 mod is different from the one in the Endurance mod. Different year. I did think it was the same model used for both mods but nope. The car I've done suits the one in the Endurance mod but that model isn't as well made or mapped. So there's no way to confuse the two.

This is very interesting. The one thing we all hate about the system used to add skins is the lack off or limited ability to use what's available in the Veh file.

How do you name the new cars Mas. so that the game reads it? Have you got multiple cars in one Mas. working or just one car?

4. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

It's not right, this is the same model, but the Flat6 Endurance Series has for example a hood & front bumper different because of ALMS series (there is air duc in the hood for example).
    In the template you have the layers dedicated to these differences.
    The .veh between Flat6 Series and Flat6 Endurance Series have different genstring on some parts, but the template is close to be the same between them.
    Genstring info for Cup & GTC (Flat6): http://www.enduracers.com/esrf2_cars_gtc_flat6gt3.html

5. Chris Lesperance

Chris Lesperance Registered

I'm currently working on cars from the GT3 World Series, but you should be able to adapt this system for any car.
    First screen is my folder structure. As far as I know, the .mas can be named anything. I went with a one car per .mas file just to keep things organized. If some one wanted to delete a single car, it's easy. You could, if you wanted, have all the cars in a single .mas file. The might work a bit better for a full season of a spec series.

The second screen is the files in the .mas. The last screen is the .veh.
    CustomCars.jpg