Flat-spotting: S397 please include option to disable this!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rapala, Jan 23, 2017.

1. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

+1
    It just aint a joke , its just quite poor taste .
    Its like the "it aint rape if she's your wife" joke !

2. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

0803EBF1-D1EC-4A15-8F11-A30016298ECD.gif So done with this politically correct bs,since when did humour not apply to women,they want equality right.

If I’m expected to go down with the titanic while the women and children get rescued,then I’m entitled to have a joke at their expense.

Adrianstealth and Rui Santos like this.
  3. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Okay I see now , you are old enough to have been on the Titanic , your comments now make sense !

4. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Since when is

"you just give errr in doors a back hander to the cheek,tell her to quit it with the tear’s”

Anything close to humour ? Beating up a woman must make you feel like a real man !
    A real tough guy !

nonamenow likes this.
  5. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Joking about violence against women is ...well....not a joke!

2ndLastJedi likes this.
  6. patchedupdemon

36467FDD-8AC5-411F-BA23-549A59621C25.jpeg Men in 2018

Adrianstealth and Alex72 like this.
  7. patchedupdemon

My comments make no sense,I’m just trolling for shits and giggles,but it seems everyone takes stuff way too serious around here and would rather virtue signal over a joke than play along.

Next topic,is Fish a vegetable,oh sorry,I’m being racist towards fish

I’m just gunna leave and join a woman’s march to make myself feel better

8. filippu

filippu Registered

1/ If you don't want flat spotting on your tires, learn to not destroy your tires, use ABS, or play another game at midnight. The same people that want realism are crying for a little bit of sound because reality catches them when they screw up under braking.
    2/ If the wife / girlfriend doesn't understand that you want a bit of alone time for your hobby, she's not for you (and I bet that you need to be there for her hobbys).
    3/ Men women equality is nice, but then it should be at all times. Not just when it suits some women.

Some people are so easily offended it's ridiculous.

9. ceecee

ceecee Registered

Reading here about the flatspot violence of DD wheels, I start to understand the need for a control for this to turn it down a bit.
    I use an old G27 and this can be a nightmare if one brakes too late and the brake balance is just a bit too far forward causing one to flatspot going too deep.
    I have also read over the years of F1 drivers flatspotting and having difficulty seeing the apex due to the vibration.
    But yeah, reading (and watching Youtube videos) of users with their DD wheels crashing into barriers, man that looks really scary and I think could break wrists and fingers.

10. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

I wont miss ya !

11. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

So what , because someone decides to look different to your ideological image they deserve a back hander ?
    See ya tough guy , i aint "playin along" with your crap !

12. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

You're correct but the power/torque isn't what a DD wheel is all about.
    The first time I tried a OSW, in a iRacing V8 Supertaxi, I had only done 3 corners then stopped and confirmed with the vendor I would buy one. It wasn't the power, it was the feel and the ease of correcting the oversteer slides.
    It didn't take me long after I had received it to tune out the violence, but not the effect, of impacts and ripple strips and flat spots etc.

13. ceecee

ceecee Registered

Ok, not having ever tried a DD wheel, it is good to hear that.

14. patchedupdemon

I’ve derailed this thread long enough,if you want to continue with your hard man act,carry it on through direct message

Oh an also,the x and Y chromosome s are now an ideology ha ha I’ve heard it all.

This is gold

15. patchedupdemon

I’ve heard many people relate dd wheels to hearing something through a powerful speaker but not at full volume.

You get more fidelity in the sound,per volume level,or something like that,quite a good analogy

16. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

Dont tempt me
    bah

17. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

I have not once said I'm a hard man or tried to act it ! More just can't stand blokes who think there big tough guys because they beat a woman ! Joke or not its in bad taste and your out now ! and all you follow up post just show the type of bloke your are and I'm sure people now know :eek:
    You have anything to say to me ,you take it to PM , I'll say my shit in public for all to see !
    Whatever Mate I know not to ever take any notice of anything you have to say !

Last edited: Jul 24, 2018
  18. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

My personal thing with rF2 - and cheap wheel/gear(!) is that its hard to sense/know where the limit is. Something that is well made in AC is that you can hear the tire brake squeal really well and know when the tires start biting. Its in rF2 also but much much harder to hear compared to AC. I really like that in AC because of when you dont have good pedals/wheel to catch the feels better, then you have that audio to rely on.

Im not saying anything about adding option. Just basically saying that i need better gear. :D

MarcG likes this.
  19. David O'Reilly

David O'Reilly Registered

How many lesbians does it take to change a light bulb?
    One...and it ISN'T funny.

20. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

we live in a time when alot of people are now pre-offended .....they are just constantly looking for a reason (-:

I don’t want to get started in this dumb & modern insanity referred to "political correctness" that tries to take away peoples freedom of speech & opinion + some taste in humour

flatspotting feedback differs alot depending on users ffb system so dont think we are all on the same page here,

I'm after a slightly dampened flat spot effect for servo ffb systems -OSW / Bodnar etc that transmit it (flat spots) as a very sharp powerful force

Last edited: Jul 24, 2018
    patchedupdemon likes this.