Flat 6 vs S397 Cup

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 2ndLastJedi, Sep 29, 2019.

1. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

What's people's impressions of these two cars vs each other.
    Sounds, FFB, tyre, I'd love people's feedback and any other thoughts.

2. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

It's not the same car, not the same time at all.

I do not know if the sound is realistic, but I like it a lot.
    I like the physics and the FFB is good but very different from the other official GT3 S397s.

Balazs Floszmann and 2ndLastJedi like this.
  3. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

I know their not the same but I just thought maybe the closest thing to the Cup car was that Flat 6.

Matías Corvino and DrivingFast like this.
  4. tlsmikey

tlsmikey Registered

Well, i'm gonna be pretty harsh on the Porsche Cup car because it's paid content. It sounds absolutely terrible, the handling is a bit odd for me (hard to balance on throttle/brake) and the wheel is very jerky (although this is also present in iRacing's version). Wheel lock lights do not work, although i'm told that is an issue with all cars (still unacceptable for paid content).

I think the Flat 6 drives slightly better at the moment, certainly sounds better but if I'm being honest, neither renditions are near top of the class for this car. R3E and AMS hold the high water mark for me at the moment.

VirusGR42 likes this.
  5. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Well after 14 attempted laps and 6 clean complete of Nordschleife and 20 around the GP circuit i am really happy and enjoying the S397 Cup car .
    The FFB and handling is quite similar to the Flat 6 imo although the Cup car is a bit more brutal in the jolts , not in a bad way though , i quite like it .
    The sound is better in the Fat 6 , i just find the gear change sound or lack there of in the Cup car a little weird and the Ai car back fire sound from the Flat 6 also impresses me compared to the Cup car . I can hear the gear change compressor sound from the Cup car upon gear change but only when the car is stopped and only idle engine sounds , shouldn't that be a little louder ?

I must say , its great to have a great selection of skins also , something other S397 cars have been and still are missing .

All in all a great car though it was $28 (although one car and one track for the same price as the whole game ...eek :eek:) well spent (Nords and Cup car) and i look forward to what updates S397 make on the sounds of the Cup car .

Seriously though @Marcel Offermans did you need to put your name on the Sim Racing for Holland livery so many times :p lol

memoNo1 and Patrick Schumacher like this.
  6. AMillward

AMillward Registered

Same for the Assetto Corsa version.

Matías Corvino likes this.
  7. Sebastien Sestacq

Sebastien Sestacq Registered

serious or its a joke?

Balazs Floszmann likes this.
  8. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered