Flashing "AI-brake lights" for online opponents???

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Hedlund_90, Jan 4, 2014.

1. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

I've been racing Howstons@Silverstone with some guys from USR league and my brother, at their server, and when I was driving behind my brothers car, his brake lights were flashing like it was drivern by AI, through flat out corners. When he was driving behind me, he saw the same thing, although I did not touch the brakes at all. Anyone else??

I'm not sure but I think I've seen the same thing on ISI server running Civic, too. At least I have seen opponents using his brakes in corners where I wouldn't use the brakes.
    Also, opponents cars were acting strange at times, suspension/tires acting like this from time to time: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CPAFSDx_as I thought this phenomenon was limited to replays only but obviously not.

What's up with latest rf2 build? Online gameplay is worse than ever before :(

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Without anything else mentioned by ISI you'd have to think it's the new prediction code. Considering there are 5 or more parameters that are no longer used for prediction in the multiplayer.ini file, the changes made to prediction must be fairly significant. If we're testing one of the early versions I suppose it might be getting things quite wrong at times :)

Solution: race cars without brake lights :p

3. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Lol... Yes that's what I usually do. I race the 60's F1 cars most of the time, and that's why I have not noticed this until now.