Fixed Setups - All Tracks - Every Thursday!

Discussion in 'Online Racing Discussion' started by lloydvdw, Nov 22, 2013.

1. lloydvdw

lloydvdw Registered

Hi Everyone,

Three friends and myself always race online every Thursday evening.

We mostly race Meganes on various tracks, but with fixed setups.
    This way the slower lap times can not be blamed on setups, fuel or tire wear.

I was wondering if anybody else was interested in joining our server Thursday evenings. It would a lot be more fun if more people would join.

If you're interested, let me know the tracks you like (i have all available tracks installed) and i'll make a new vmod and host it Thursday.

Summary:
    Date: Every Thursday 17:00 - 22:00 (GMT+1)
    Servername: 3 - VDW Server

Practice: 15 mins
    Qualify: 8 laps
    Race: 7 laps

Rules:: Fixed Setups, No Fuel, No Tire wear, No Damage
    Forced Driving view: None

Mod: For Thursday 28th
    Cars: Meganes 1.44
    Tracks:
    - Nuerburg GP
    - Putnam Park
    - Blackwood
    - Hidden Valley
    - Imola
    - Mills Metro Park Inner Loop C
    - Malaysia (the sort track)
    - Pukekohe
    - Hockenheim

Download Mod here UPDATED (05/12/2013): Download Mod Here

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2013
  2. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

What time is this? I'm in UTC/GMT +2 timezone.

What cars do you race? only Megane?

You are not using tyre wear or fuel consumption? I think you can have difference in tyre wear or fuel consumption even though you have fixed setup if your driving styles differ from each other.

Any ok quality track goes for me.

how long practice, quali and race?

3. lloydvdw

lloydvdw Registered

No, fuel, tire wear and damage are also disabled, so everyone has the same car. Pure racing, only skills matter here :) (There is also no forced driving view)
    We're from Belgium GMT+1.

We start around 17:00 en stop around 21:00 (or later, depending how much fun everybody has :) ). (So, we start around 18:00 in your time zone)
    We don't have a server, we will host a vmod on our own P.C. It will be available Thursday 28th around 17:00 (GMT+1).
    Servername will be: 3 – VDW Server

I suggest we race with Meganes this Thursday, we'll see how much fun everybody has.
    We can discuss which cars and tracks we'll use for next week on the chat in the room.

I will create a vmod which includes Meganes 1.44 & the following tracks:

- Nuerburg GP
    - Putnam Park
    - Blackwood
    - Hidden Valley
    - Imola
    - Mills Metro Park Inner Loop C
    - Malaysia (the sort track)
    - Pukekohe
    - Hockenheim

(If you have favorite tracks you want to race on, please let me know and I will add them in my mod)

When the mod is finished I will upload it here.
    That way you can see if you miss anything on beforehand.

--
    Practice: 20 mins
    Qualify: 8 laps
    Race: 7 laps

Max. 15 people in our server to prevent lag.

4. Andreas Binz

Andreas Binz Registered

Nice idea. This thursday (28.11.) i'm busy. But i'll try the next thursday's to drive with you guys.

5. lloydvdw

lloydvdw Registered

Hi everyone, I've uploaded the mod for next thursday, see first post.
    Please install on beforehand to see whether or not you miss anything

Greetz!

6. Galaga

Galaga Banned

cool i've always liked fixed setups as long as there are not too understeery. one great thing about the megane is that the default setup is pretty good IMO. i am usually at work during this time but maybe sometime will be able to join if i am working at home. of course "working at home" is an oxymoron when rF2 is in the house. :p

7. lloydvdw

lloydvdw Registered

I've always liked a fair battle with no setups too,
    hope you can join Thursday or the next :)

8. Chefmark

Chefmark Registered

I like to join in, sounds like fun. That should be 10a my time

9. Andreas Binz

Andreas Binz Registered

Which track we drive this thursday? I will drive offline with the same configuration.
    Offline i have no options for fixed setups - it's the right way don't touch the settings? Or can we remove some L fuel ?
    I need the server settings for Temperature and daytime please.
    Please share the besttimes after the event.

10. lloydvdw

lloydvdw Registered

The tracks we'll race on, you can view in the first post. (You can also download my mod there).

Fixed setups are the standard setup from the game. We didn't touch anything for that matter.
    When hosting the server we have the option: "Disable fuel & tire wear". I think you can set it up too in single player offline.

Temperature and daytime I don't know by heart, I'll check it tonight and let you know.

11. Andreas Binz

Andreas Binz Registered

Ah ok. Rotation all 9 tracks. Disable fuel means i can drive with 1 L fuel, when its right can you add this in your first post - its important for all.

12. lloydvdw

lloydvdw Registered

Well, i don't think it really matters. When you disable fuel usage, I think you always drive on the minimum (1 lap).
    Just to be sure, when everybody enters the room, let all agree that no one touches the fuel level, just leave it as the standard settings. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2013
  13. lloydvdw

lloydvdw Registered

Important:

I've uploaded a new version of the mod, please download the new mod (see first post)

Thanks!

14. lloydvdw

lloydvdw Registered

Server was online from 17:00, after 3 hours, still nobody showed up.
    Next time let me know when you're not coming so I don't have to put time and effort in making mods and hosting them for no reason.

I'll put it online again next week, if again nobody shows up I won't be doing this again.

Thank you

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2013
  15. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Rf2 still doesn't have enough drivers so every server would have some. I ran my own fun races for a long time and it was pretty much hit and miss, sometimes only 1-3 drivers but sometimes almost 10. You really have to get to know people around here and be in contact with them. Atm you can't expect too much when big servers like ISR, ISI and big leagues like SR4L are taking almost all the drivers.

I wonder where you friends were? You said "three friends and myself".

It's sometimes even hard to get any posts to your server thread... you have few so that is a positive thing. You really have to do marketing to separate yourself from the others. You have your own concept so that's a good start.

I know how fusturating it can be when you thought people have promised to arrive and then they don't come. That can make you a pessimist and ruin the fun of simracing altogether, have happened few times for me in the past.

Atm I'm doing my regular simracing on Wednesdays and Sundays... Sundays I'll keep but there is really nothing keeping me from changing my Wednesdays for Thursdays if it's worth it. I'll let you know... and I keep promises if I make them.

ps. Are the whole setup fixed? I need to be able at least change steering lock and brake pressure, otherwise it's not fun :p

16. lloydvdw

lloydvdw Registered

My friends were there (except for one, he couldn't make it).
    So, I meant to say, nobody except my friends showed up. :) We're always skyping the entire race evening.

We like to have our cars set up the exact same way. That way only driving skills matter.
    When driving online e.g. ISI server, I drive a brilliant lap but the first 2 or 3 guys are more then a second and a half quicker pure because of their setup.
    On some tracks it impossible to qualify above third with a standard set up.
    We don't really like setting up the car, it takes too much time.

That's the reason we race with fixed setups.

The thing is, we always race with the same 3 or 4 guys every Thursday. But the races with only 4 people get boring after a while. We'd love to measure ourselves compared to others.

The steering sensitivity, force feedback and brake pressure are you own personal settings, these can be set up however you prefer.

Anyway, thanks for the tip, i'll try to be more optimistic :D

I'll try again next Thursday with the same mod.

Greetz!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2013
  17. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Think for a moment that if nobody entered your server is because you did not reach your target. Dont blame people for what IMO is more your fault than theirs.

There are basically two type of online drivers.

1. Casual drivers. They want something quick where they just simply join and race. No content download. Actually these guys have more than enough with ISI and IsR servers. Difficult to get in.

2. League drivers. They would always join the server of their website.

You are trying to reach a small part of the community (fixed setups liking ones). Usually these are among the first group. Your best alternative IMO would be to make popular your server by having it always active with ISI cars and tracks announcing it from time to time within this forum. With time, the people that like fixed setups will have your server as a reference.

An scheduled event will never atract the target community you are pursuing. At least this is the way I see it. Good luck!!

enviado mediante tapatalk

18. lloydvdw

lloydvdw Registered

I'm hosting my Fixed setup mod again tonight starting 17:00 (GMT+1).

Servername: 3 - VDW Server

Download Mod: Here

19. Andreas Binz

Andreas Binz Registered

Today i'm in.. I hope many others to:)

20. lloydvdw

lloydvdw Registered

what time? i hosted he server already