"Fix" cameras at tracks

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Petethepawn, Mar 20, 2023.

1. Petethepawn

Petethepawn Registered

Apologies if this has been asked for, it was difficult to find the right wording.
    My question - is it possible to "fix" the camera for tracks. When I say "fix" I mean when I press the insert button on my keyboard it switches to a new position on the track - like a TV broadcast. But some of the cameras are pointed very poorly, now I can manually adjust using my mouse to a much better view point but when I switch "insert" it reverts back to the original pointed camera - hope that makes sense.
    I don't want or need to edit the camera persay, I am happy enough where it is on the track - but I just need to point the camera to a fixed position so that it stays there either permantently or even just when the track is loaded - when I exit I don't if it reverts.
    The end goal is that when watching a replay, I can just press the "insert" button and it goes from camera to camera from the start of the lap till the end of the lap. Bathurst 0.982 works perfectly, its cameras are well defined but other tracks have weird camera angles.
    Hopefully that made sense......

2. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

Do you mean the 'End' key and not the 'Insert' key?

Petethepawn likes this.
  3. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

No, but with the latest release, you can make custom camera files for tracks, even though you don't want to.

Petethepawn and ebeninca like this.
  4. Petethepawn

Petethepawn Registered

Opps - yes

5. Petethepawn

Petethepawn Registered

OK thanks, I'll read up on this.