FISI2012 v1.47

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by Alesi, Jun 13, 2013.

1. Alesi

Alesi Registered

rear suspension spring rate - 0 (zero) N/m. is it true (and how it can be) rear suspension =0
    is this bug?

2. lordpantsington

lordpantsington Registered

I'm really not stalking you, really! :p

Springs on a modern F1 car don't exist. IIRC the deflection of the tire is acting as a spring and more than enough to do the job.

3. F1Fan07

F1Fan07 Member

There's at least one F1 driver that would disagree with you. :)

[​IMG]

4. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

You sure about that?
    [​IMG]

5. MJP

MJP Registered

Surely it's the rear '3rd spring' settings that control this in the FISIr, much like the FR35 doesn't have any front spring settings and you use the front '3rd spring' settings.

6. Alesi

Alesi Registered

rear suspension just cant be zero. even if the number is locked (if rear spring rate is locked) there should be some numbers 100,150 or other of spring rate but not zero, and this number should be locked (have no idea why ISI locked it).

7. MJP

MJP Registered

It isn't zero, the rear spring rate is set by the 3rd spring settings just as the FR35 front springs are set by the front 3rd spring settings as I mentioned previously. Whether this is what happens in real life I don't know but it's what happens in game even though I guess you can't really call them '3rd' springs now lol.

8. Alesi

Alesi Registered

3d spring works only for both wheels at the same time (accelerating and braking, in a straights), so it doesnt work in a corners (maybe in fast corners for 12.5 %, but the main load is for front and rear sprig)

9. Kev

Kev Registered

But antiroll bar do.
    You can completely replace equal springs at left and right wheels with combination of 3rd spring and antiroll bar.
    On the photo there are only 3rd spring, antiroll bar and dampers. No springs for left or right wheel.

10. Alesi

Alesi Registered

The primary function of anti-roll bars is to reduce body roll by adding to the roll resistance of the springs. Anti-roll bars are used to reduce body roll during cornering. They add to the roll resistance of the suspension springs for a higher overall roll resistance.

11. MJP

MJP Registered

Yes but it's not using a conventional setup with say 2 side springs and the 3rd spring, hence my comment about it's not really a '3rd' spring anymore. Like Kev says the rear end appears to be a combination of 3rd spring and antiroll bar.

12. lordpantsington

lordpantsington Registered

FWIW I was referring to "no springs" only as no left and right, like in a traditional arrangement. If you look @ post 4, look at the dampers. Note that there is no spring coiled over them.

13. Aleksi Elomaa

Aleksi Elomaa Registered

14. CordellCahill

CordellCahill Registered

If there's a 'spring' it's where the bellcrank pivots. It would be in the form of a torsion bar running through the bellcrank axis. You actually can't tell from that pic if that car is running 'springs' or not, you'd need to remove the bellcrank to see whats behind it.