WIP FISI 2012 broken dashboard

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Stevy, Apr 22, 2023.

1. Stevy

Stevy Registered

Hello,
    the dahboard of the Formula ISI 2012 seems to be broken.
    No rev light (and no colour), no speed, no (whatever the second info was :p I think is was the RPM or something).
    The gear works, but not the 2 panels on the right and left side of it.
    The picture is 2nd gear in the rev limit.
    20230422190312_1.jpg

2. Simulation_Player

Simulation_Player Registered

Same thing is happening with Marussia MR01 F1. the rev lights are not working, the DRS and gear display works.

Edit : TBH i would love if FISI and Marussia gets complete upgrade in physics , new sounds and graphics along with these fixes. i don't see we getting a new F1 car anytime soon.

Last edited: May 17, 2023
    Ricardo Diz likes this.
  3. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Can't see the Marussia license still being current. And have you tried the Formula Pro?

4. Simulation_Player

Do they need license to fix bugs and/or improve the mod ?
    Yes i have fpro, it drives nicely....but what just one F1 car with current physics , sounds and graphics ?
    even the fpro doesn't have all the current physics updates like tender springs, they could also add traction lights to fpro since its a no rules F1 car so why not ?
    and also the steering display looks like a arcade game , no real race car has display like that i don't like it.....yes its a small thing but it matters to me, i look for smallest details.

5. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

I'll try to get the fixed before the next release. Not sure what went wrong with it.

Simulation_Player likes this.
  6. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Those are two things, I think no and yes in that order.

7. Simulation_Player

Thank you, do note both FISI and Marussia F1 have the issue.
    P.S: if possible slap fpro tyres / new tyres on both of these fantastic cars :D.

8. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

just a few thoughts.
    Wants a modern F1 so wants a car representing F1 from over a decade ago updated.
    Likes the old car but wants the new tires.
    Neither car has hybrid options, batteries, yada yada yada. ;)

9. graphicaluserinterface

graphicaluserinterface Registered

The Marussia F1 is a fantastic car. It should not be "upgraded" as what's there works. There's crowning but it's a minor price to pay (that doesn't affect performance much) for the quality of everything else. Even the textures hold up. For the F-ISI and Marussia, only visual fixes/upgrades should be considered.

10. Simulation_Player

Yep thats me :)
    i like V8 era more and i consider them "modern" , imo they don't look dated ,have KERS system. (not the marussia i know that but speaking about other cars of 2009 onwards era).
    2014 and onwards era cars are nice too but i don't think we are going to get even one car from that era, probably license too costly and hybrid tech is relevant so team won't share data with S397, suspension are too complex which would require massive core physics upgrade, e -differential and their onboard adjustment , probably aero needs to be improved too etc etc LOTS of stuff would need to be added in rf2 to get realistic hybrid era F1 cars and i would hate to have it half as*ed.......so yea our best bet is old F1 car that is already in game and upgrade it in every aspect.

11. Simulation_Player

the tyre temp are weird on these cars plus the slip angles are too abusable compared to new tyres, there is probably decent amount of improvements new tyres have compared to ones on FISI/ marussia so i believe its worth upgrading not just graphics.
    not to mention they both using old sound engine.

12. Bernat

Bernat Registered

There's no old sound engine in current builds. Everything uses the new sound engine AFAIK. It's only that there are new audio features that the car could use. It's fascinating how "new" quickly invalidates "not so new" .

13. Simulation_Player

okay , so the old cars are on new sound engine but lacking new features.....same thing at the end of day.
    whats with the replies against the upgrade of old cars ? honestly there is NO objective reason to argue against it...
    all i wish for is fisi and marussia to be brought up to latest standard .... IF POSSIBLE.

14. Bernat

Bernat Registered

I'm not against upgrades although I think the word "old" is overused derogatorily sometimes. There is many old content in rFactor that is good while there's old content that needs an update more badly (I'm looking at you, Interlagos).

15. Simulation_Player

I didn't mean old in derogatery way , sure it won't be end of world if it these cars were left alone , there are other content that needs fixing updating more seriously (like the m4 class 1 with suspension/packer, damper and sound issues which i reported 2+ years ago plus i'm not sold on the aero balance so that is 4 things wrong).
    oh well we will see, not holding my breath for sure.....won't hurt suggesting it to devs thats all.

Bernat likes this.
  16. vava74

vava74 Registered

The physics on the Marussia and the Formula ISI should remain as they are in my opinion.
    They feel and behave great and I really don't see the point of spending AGES reconfiguring them.
    That would be a poor allocation of resources.

Bernat likes this.
  17. Robin Pansar

Robin Pansar Member

It wouldn't hurt to update these fantasy cars at some point (pretty low priority) since there's been a lot of water under the bridge physics wise. It would give people more options in terms of single seaters and not solely be dependant on the Formula Pro or 3rd party content for a F1-esque fix.

Simulation_Player likes this.
  18. redapg

redapg Registered

Just to mention something related to this.
    I did have some digital Gauges not working anymore, after one of the latest Updates and the Reason was, that the used Font BMP did have an Alpha Channel.
    When i did remove the Alpha Channel they worked again.

vava74 likes this.