Fileformat for gMotor GMT v2.52 files

Discussion in 'Track Modding' started by Leonardo1962, Feb 12, 2012.

1. Leonardo1962

Leonardo1962 Registered

rfactor2 driving is real hard and a brilliant driving simulation. :rolleyes:

Does anybody have links to a description for the fileformat of gMotor GMT v2.51 / v2.52?

Or does anybody have source code in delphi or C++ or header for the GMT files?

I Would like to expand my own trackeditor (made with delphi) to create new gMotor GMT files for making rfactor2 tracks from the scratch.

CAN the old gMotor GMT files be used in rfactor2 MASfiles? Does this work?
    :confused:

Thanks for hints.
    :D
    Leonardo

2. Dahie

Dahie Registered

Unfortunately GMT is not a publicly documented file format. It would be awesome if ISI released the specification so that more exporters for other 3D software could be written by third-party developers, but my impression is ISI fears that also more importerts would be written, that could be used to convert material. :(

ISI may also fear hammers, because while they may be handy for putting nails in a wall, they can also be used to break windows. ;)

3. Leonardo1962

Leonardo1962 Registered

thanks for your reply. :D

hopefully some rf2 GMT v2.51 / v2.52 converters will be released soon.
    because I have no Autodesk 3ds Max.

Up to that time, I will learn as much as possible about converting and creating GMTs and expand my 3D delphi trackeditor.

:)
    Leonardo

4. Kristoff Rand

Kristoff Rand Registered

the guy that makes 3Dsimed says he'll be making a new version sometime soon. other than that you can get a student version of 3D Max for free.