File Export Format

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by temp, Aug 3, 2011.

1. temp

temp Registered

Is there any information or file samples for the extracts that the server will export for race results or during races? Will there be a "live" feed like a constantly updated file or xml feed for the race while it is run and what can we get for the results?

I ask because I have a site that parses files for GTR2 and runs leagues and I would like to update it so we can run leagues with RF2 when it comes out. Would be good to be ready to go for when the game comes out.

Looking forward to RF2 the PC community has been a long time without a decent simulator released.

2. Marcel Offermans

Marcel Offermans Registered

Can your parser already parse the XML files that rFactor produces? If so, I would be surprised if you had to do big changes to make that work with rFactor 2.

3. Lazza

Lazza Registered

From what we've seen in the progress reports they are working on an entirely new system, but it may not make the initial release. So it's likely you'll only need minimal changes initially, but more in a later update. Might be able to get some more info once the initial release is done.

4. Marcel Offermans

Marcel Offermans Registered

I'll let ISI comment on what will and will not make the initial release, I'm sure they will share it with the community in time.