FIA World Endurance Championship (ACO)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Manav, Oct 16, 2015.

1. Manav

Manav Registered

Hi Everyone - The World Endurance Championship follows much of the format of the Intercontinental Le Mans Cup and features seven endurance races across the world, including the 24 Hours of Le Mans, with all races being at least six hours in duration. The current circuits are as follows:

1. 6 Hours of Silverstone
    2. 6 Heures de Spa-Francorchamps
    3. 24 Heures du Mans
    4. 6 Hours of Nürburgring
    5. 6 Hours of Circuit of the Americas
    6. 6 Hours of Fuji
    7. 6 Hours of Shanghai China
    8. 6 Hours of Bahrain

Previous circuits included:

1. 12 Hours of Sebring
    2. 6 Hours of São Paulo

I've been frantically searching the mod scene to see if someone is recreating this for rfactor 2. I can imagine how much work it would take to get the cars created (since there are so many of them) however, most of circuit content is already there.

I read somewhere that Virtual_LM were working on a project but not sure if its for the FIA World Endurance Championship. I know there is a endurance mod but thats only for the cars?

Just a wild callout if anyone is aware of a similar project/mod or if anyone is thinking of making one.

Take Care

2. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

Err, first off, all ILMC isn't actually a thing anymore... Basically ILMC folded and was revamped into WEC.

There are two projects indeed... EnduranceRacingX by UnitedRacingDesign (URD) It's payware but worth every penny... So far it has the complete GTE field and and two prototype chassis so far... Audi And Oreca 05.

And then there is the EnduranceSeries by EnduRacers (also released for rF1) which is in development as well... It doesn't just cover WEC but endurance series in general really... I hope they bring their GT1 cars into rF2 at some point, but for now they've teased us with lovely P2 cars of different regulation-eras and GT2/GTE cars, oh and of course the GTC 997...

Both project has their own topics in the third party / vehicles area of this forum...
    And as you said all the tracks are available in some shape or form :)

3. Manav

Manav Registered

Thanks Bjorn! I had a look at the mentioned projects. I bookmarked the EnduRacers website and can't wait for them release it.

In the meantime I'm playing with the APEX modding GT3 and Mak Corp group C. Both are quite a joy to play and the mods are of good quality. Now I just wish that Virtua_LM release GTPC for rf2

4. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned