FIA GT3 by Apex Modding Team(WIP)

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by GTClub_wajdi, Oct 8, 2012.

1. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

Congratulations on that :)

2. fanlebowski

fanlebowski Registered

actually, as others modding group, 80% of our activity is "underground".

3. Johannes Rojola

Johannes Rojola Registered

http://www.racedepartment.com/forum...-corsa-modding-support-via-skype.64121/page-3

Here is comprehensive thread about how modding is done with AC. Developer replies start from page 3, I suggest reading those if you are interested.

And this is from Wikipedia:
    Not sure about the source, but it is pretty much the same information as in the Racedepartment.com thread.

From the thread:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2013
  4. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

Exactly. This is why ISI needs to release some standard tires for modders to use.

5. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Because of mod development complexity and, to a lesser degree, the existence of competition, ISI needs to change their approach to modding and modders.

No one disputes the increased complexity of creating mods for rF2 vs rF1. So the question is what to do about it?

Here are the responses I have heard so far:

- Paid mods
    - Add tire guy to team
    - Better documentation
    - Better tools
    - Etc.

Here are some additional ideas:

- Sim racers adjust their entitlement mentality, including the expectation of full grids of mathematically precise mods for multiple championships
    - ISI partner with modders more in every possible way, documentation, support, "courting" / "recruiting", retention, cross-marketing, access to data that ISI negotiates / licenses, etc. etc. etc. This might even include some financial arrangements with royalties, etc. for the most popular mods.
    - (following from above) Review marketing/economic model as rF1 model is no longer valid. More complex development = more knowledge, work, resources, movitivation and funding needed.

Currently there are both unresolved issues with rF2 not being complete, documentation not available, tool gaps, knowledge gaps, experience gaps, etc. etc. etc.

Even after all those issues are resolved, the fact will remain that something needs to change.

Better support, cross-marketing, licensing/data, revenue sharing / royalties, collaboration, etc. all need to be on the table.

If done correctly 1 + 1 = 3. If not done or done poorly, then sim racing goes the way of flight sim.

Time for ISI and industry to grow up. We have already seen Codemaster fully complete the transition from sim to arcade.

Your move, ISI. Hiring an MBA or someone with business/marketing experience as soon as possible wouldn't be a bad idea.

Personally, I am tired of junk and yes my expectations are higher as they need to be with a next gen sim. I am also willing to pay as long as I can sample first. Those expecting rF2 to be the holy grail of numerous, democratic, free & quality content will surely be disappointed.

I also wonder if some generic LFS type development would help things at all. There are many of us just dying to do what we see others doing in real life. For me, that is not the case. I just want to drive complex, detailed and challenging vehicles with CONVINCING physics. Whether a Spark F1 drives like some IRL car I don't care. What I do know is I love the way it drives and also is very deep and convincing. I am not saying to deprioritize realism, licenses, full grids, championships, etc. I am just saying that there are some of us who will accept generic or fantasy cars and tracks. Again this part is just an idea understanding challenges with licensing, etc. and I am very optimistic that a sustainable economic model exists where we can have everything........at price. And also there are many, many, many, many opportunities for efficiencies also and synergies, if you will, makeing 1 +1 = 3, etc. so it would be very exciting if the community would attack this problem more creatively and I will be there to help in any way I can.

6. Ryno917

Ryno917 Registered

Pretty much agree with that whole post.

Also, I'm perfectly happy with fictional content (almost prefer it, in fact), so long as it is analogous to real-world. Don't invent new types of racing, but imitate real life. Exactly like the Eve and Spark content; they are visually and physically identifiable as late 60s open wheel racing cars. Perfect. They could have a more unique design to them (IE not being a 1:1 of a real car, but still carry the spirit of the era) and that's cool, too. That's also what I would be doing if I were making mods, but that's because I'm a designer and not content to just replicate something.

7. Maug

Maug Registered

You do realise that creating a car from zero is a lot more work than reproducing a real life one? I'm not sure and anyway it's completely out of topic.

8. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Paid mods will fix it mate ? .......Keep your tyres. hehehe ;)

I not going to pretend I understand the technical but I get the gist.

I feel for you all honest, I know the larger percentage prefer "other stuff" but all I hope for myself is GPL modders types run with it and can make some cars and seasons and lots more Historic tracks over the years to come.

I just can't compare this to any of my other sims or mods anymore.

Put it this way if I felt so strongly as a lot of you do after 18 months I simply would not be here hanging onto a pray. :confused:

9. fanlebowski

fanlebowski Registered

yeah, there is a lot of things out since few days ^^ but it doesn't matter, it's always nice to read opinions.

i think sometimes lot of people forget that here we talk about free modding, so we talk about -fun-. so we just do what we want, as all guys here ;)

we don't have to decide after hours of brainstorming if the tgm is the best model or not. we just work on cars if we enjoy ;) as any players will play with a car or another because he enjoys, or not :p

so, if possible, keep this in mind please. we are all here for fun :)

10. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Agree with much on your post, you realize yourself later on in the text that for many here "simulation" means "simulating a race series", for this type of drivers realism is also needed in the available selection of content. That's not an entitelment mentality, that's for many the definition of "racing simulator" - understood that you feel different.

Then again I agree that we can't expect this level of detail across multiple cars and tracks for free.

The flightsim comparison comes to mind, but they aren't dying: If you look at DCS and RoF, both have a form of single-world physics and GFX engine with pay-extra additional content, in the case of RoF exclusivly provided by the original devs, for DCS also subcontracted to specialized modding teams. These two studios have obviously realized the complexity of adding to their high-fidelity sims and built a business model that sustains on ongoing updates and content for ongoing payment.

I'm not sure why Payware mods are seen as the devil here, they have a long history in Flightsims and without I don't think that MS Flightsimulator for example would ever have been as successfull.

11. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

No gccracer we agree 100%. I should have Clarified "for free" regarding championships. Good to hear flight sims not dead. I had just heard that elsewhere.

12. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Nah, flightsims have a good market currently, though it is pretty interesting to see that many virtual pilots eventually become virtual race drivers... the business models behind successfull current "indie" flightsims is definitly something that ISI may want to look at, because in some ways that genre faced the same challenges a little earlier (especially the need for modders to get really detailed real world data that is not easily available). One thing for sure, flightsims have NOT solved this by discouraging payware mods - free modding right now is mostly happening in "relaxed realism" flightsims.

That's one lesson, the second is that quite a few sims already took the approach of "shared modding", where parts of the effort will be done by the official developers and part by the community. Which brings us back to the "Tire Shop" idea...

13. yoss

yoss Registered

hello

some screens of the sls gt3 (W.I.P )

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

14. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Registered

Looking very good indeed.

Great to hear about this mod again.

15. maxredbull

maxredbull Registered

Wouuuaw! very nice work, I can not wait to ride!
    nice job on the rims with tires!

16. MapleHamwich

MapleHamwich Registered

Awesome. : ) I'm very excited about this mod. GT3 racing with a good variety of vehicles would be great.

17. steeve

steeve Registered

Enfin une bonne nouvelle. Beau travail Yoss:p

Finally some good news. Nice work Yoss

18. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

This looks awesome!:cool:

19. asehauDLM

asehauDLM Registered

Nice work guys!

20. tjc

tjc Registered