Fia GT 1998 Mercedes CLK LM

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by UnitedRacingDesign, Jul 27, 2013.

1. Mydriaz

Mydriaz Registered

Thank you for this update !

2. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Registered

Had a go in this earlier....really good!

With a little bit more graphical polish this will be excellent.

3. Senna12

Senna12 Registered

Hi,

Awesome work Ales! Thanks very much:)

cheers,

Sean

4. CosmiC10R

CosmiC10R Registered

lol... I was doing some research on the GTR and the LM... just in case I need to make a HDV ;)... Clr would be sweet... and I know what modifier for the front wing will recreate the flip lol...

The models are Maisto 1/18th , had em since the late 90's... I have seen the odd GTR on ebay but the LM seems harder to find... Ill keep up an eye out and PM you if I come across one nearby you :)

I'll try 0.6 soon, nice work originally Ales, car body looks great :)

edit- if i remember correctly, the gtr was originally drawn up on a napkin in a restaurant and was a protoype 4 months later... amazing development turn around... was truly an amazing example of talented and inspired development... lets hope my memory isnt shot lol

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2013
  5. UnitedRacingDesign

UnitedRacingDesign Registered

@CosmiC10R thx, ill look if i can find some to, bit to expensive those ive found on ebay for now.

Guys im updating ISI garage to get reflections, more free view there and shadows adjusted so we can look to our cars inthere to.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2013
  6. Black Dice

Black Dice Registered

Great idea Ales. Looking forward to it

Third pic is great

7. UnitedRacingDesign

Yeah i like the 3rd one to, ive taken few stuff out, turned it bit so the is in middle now, light is turning there with you to when you look to the car. I think ill have to make some new even better one with open roof to get some good reflections on the car to.
    Thought all this should help you guys to view the car more in showroom to check the skins and reflections.

8. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

Yeah good idea, impatient to use your final result to help a bit in look testing more quickly.

9. UnitedRacingDesign

Uploading them both now, will post it here and in section "other" mod stuff.

10. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

:p cool.

11. Prodigy

Prodigy Registered

Thanks!
    It looks great

12. UnitedRacingDesign

13. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Just tried it and I like physics very much. It feels right with inertia, braking and its possible to catch power slides. Thanks for your work.

14. JJStrack

JJStrack Registered

Hey Ales,
    if you need any more photos of the actual car as reference: I live near the Mercedes Benz Kundencenter in Sindelfingen, where they exhibit the car: http://www.flickr.com/photos/andyboohh/8115569498/ (not my Photo).
    If you need something specific, i can go there and take some pictures of it.
    BTW: It's the one Klaus Ludwig drove...

15. UnitedRacingDesign

Will be needed than for GTR as this one is GTR from 97, they used it for sure in first race in 98 as LM wasnt ready ready yet and team persson or what was the name, well the blue one used it in 98.
    As mentioned i do have that model done for years and it would need update so it would be needed, will notice you than when needed and thank you!

Here a picture of my CLK GTR 97 model, this is RF1 so dont be to happy about it and it has alot of holes as the car wasnt closed that time but ive build that one with engine and all the details actually so those could be used to.

16. CosmiC10R

CosmiC10R Registered

Looks great Ales. That needs to be in rf2. Awesome if you can get pics of Ludwigs car. Dont give up on this one :)

17. Coanda

Coanda Registered

G'Day Ales,

Cheers for the latest update, enjoying the drive mate.

Some feedback if I may...

On default the centre virtual mirror is as if you are looking out 90deg sideways from the car and his heavily magnified into the ground. I have to set the seat position to 200 x -20 for the centre virtual mirror to be aligned and looking back with the race track. The modelled side mirrors for me are massively over exposed and blown out and are heavily magnified and pointing in strange directions. They also are not adjustable with CTRL/ALT + DIRECTION etc...

In comparison to a range of vehicles I have driven and in particular ISI GTs for me using my CSR e this would have to be the most aggressive FFB I have come across. I am very conscience of FFB clipping so on average I generally only run a Multi between 0.9-1.05 with a FFB smoothing between 12-18. For me It is difficult to keep FFB clipping under control with this car as 0.7 multi with a 15 smoothing is borderline and is still clipping a fair bit. I also imagine once I play with the caster it will clip some more. Setup 0.8 and 25 is also borderline. The FFb stength feels fine it is just the excessive spikes on undulations. Setting FFB any lower I really start to loose the feel of the car and find the steering to light and weak around the return spring.

IMHO I also think the head movement is rather extreme. I generally run at 50% however with this car at 25% is still more extreme than others.

Cheers again for the efforts.

mm

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2013
  18. Magzire

Magzire Registered

There's an update?

Last time i tried the car it was way to easy to drive, very little physics happening under the hood.

19. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Tested the latest update. Fun fast car and not too easy.

AI was terrible though, all aliens and rammers.

Also either it was problem with compination Croft/CLK or then the car is too bumpy. (really had to avoid curbs)

Looking foward to updates, good start :)

20. Jepsertti

Jepsertti Registered

Any updates on this..? :)