FIA Formula Two Williams JPH1B Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Sep 11, 2012.

1. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Whistle? Are you judging from the video in the first post, the video which is old, and which has a note on it saying that the turbo whine (the whistle) will be lower in the released version (which is it). Did you actually try it yourself?

2. sg333

sg333 Registered

Cars drive and sound fantastic. I agree with those saying the front end feels quite floaty. I can understand why, but i like to feel more connected to the track. Minor gripe, though :)

Toban would be great with these cars. I'm just sayin' :p

3. 88mphTim

We were told to.

4. 88mphTim

Are you saying every car in the world feels the same?
    Then don't?
    It is fairly problematic when any answer to your questions is just something you take as 'fanboy' responses. If you would prefer not to be answered, that can be arranged.

In other sims, your G27 FFB is filtered. In EVERY SINGLE ONE. That is all you are being asked to do with INI edits at this time, and will be able to do in UI in the future, but it seems you don't want to adjust the software to meet the requirements of your hardware like you are with your graphics settings, etc, that is your loss.
    You attitude is an issue, not your issue itself. You've done this before, remember? Saying it'll be worse later is not an excuse for it now... When someone gives you a response, based on something like the physics of turning a steering wheel, and you label every response as just brand worship, or fanboyism, you show a complete lack of respect for everyones replies, and you are no longer taking part in a discussion, you're trolling. Either try working with the problem, or don't.

You seem to be mistaking an attitude with factual information. The FFB in the G25/27 works differently. Fact.

Every other sim (that I know of) filters FFB.

You can filter rF2s FFB via an INI edit, and will be able to in the UI.

The joke seems to be that you want unfiltered FFB, without exposing the flaws your wheel has when using unfiltered FFB. This is physically impossible, because the feeling is created by the movement, the movement created the noise, the noise is the movement. You stop the noise, you stop the movement.

If you want better looking graphics, you buy a better graphics card. If you want unfiltered FFB without noise, you're going to have to buy another wheel. If not? You'll just have to filter it, like other sims do anyway.

End of story really...

Have fun with your chosen simulation. And as I said above, there's no issue with the feedback you are trying to give, just how you are actually giving it (by refusing to accept the views of others at any time).

5. Deadpedal

Deadpedal Registered

I too was very disappointed with the FFB considering my settings work well for my G25 with all the other mods. Not willing to F with the settings to satisfy one series, all I did was change the Car Specific FFB Mult(iplier) in the Settings-Controls UI from 1.00 to 3.00. It results in a fair amount of bump steer (and hands off oscillation when standing still) but there's a ton more feedback from the tires in the corners too. It may seem obvious that car specific means that this setting will apply specifically to the F2 cars, but it actually seems to be even more specific, as in to a particular car in a series, e.g., if you set this for #19 Christopher Zanella in Formula 2 Championship series it won't apply to #19 Christopher Zanella in All Tracks & Cars nor to any other F2 car in either series. Anyway, some of you may wish to see if it this is a satisfactory solution for you.

1 person likes this.
  6. 88mphTim

Good info for others. Thanks. :)

7. Pob_88

Pob_88 Registered

F2 + Mid Ohio = pure joy :D

8. 88mphTim

Interesting. Although we haven't had much similar thoughts from real life testers, I will report and I'm sure the person who did the physics will double check things. :)

9. 722

722 Registered

This car feels and sounds absolutely amazing! When the Clio was released I thought that was going to be extremely tough car to top and ISI goes and pulls this out the bag.... very very pleased.

10. Richard P

Richard P Registered

Just love it and 1 happy costumer here for how long it takes lol

love those little duckies in the pool the even look for food and seem not even affected by the F2 cars if the flyby,very nice detail.
    looks great so far and no problem wil test it futher tonight THANKS

11. mjmueller

mjmueller Registered

We need the Vette now :)

12. stonec

stonec Registered

This car seems interesting overall, quite a bit different from the other formulas, but I struggle to understand some changes made to the FFB. As has been said, the FFB rattling is amplified significantly compared to other cars. You need as much as double more filtering now.
    The information you get from the FFB is mostly bump/kerb spikes from the road, whereas the weight of the car (which you really want to feel) you can't feel almost at all. Will try to tweak the settings some to see if this improves. But since the rattles are really so much car-dependent, it seems to me that a lot of the fine-tuning to the FFB could be implemented by ISI directly into the car physics. That would remove the need for the user to use xx different filtering levels for xx different cars.

13. Fergy

Fergy Registered

Love the mod, feels great on the Fanatec Wheel. Well done ISI:D

14. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

Strange is I do not suffer from rattling this time. Maybe because I have set it to quite high value (20 as far as I remember). But while BT20 is still rattling, F2 is calm. Probably it is related to tracks I tested both cars.

On the other side I can confirm strange FFB forces.
    1. First of all forces are way weaker then in other cars. Don't know if it is some way to simulate differences in various cars or so. But due to this (as some one said already) I feel disconnected from road.

2. Forces are dimmed even more in tighten turns. I had even a feeling that wheel started to turn more into corner direction (like reversed forces) when turned beyond some angle. It is very similar to some rf1 mods which don't work correctly with RealFeel.
    Again I have no idea how it really feels driving F2 car, but I guess it is not most expected behaviour. When I loose feeling of centring force, in most cases I am not able to precisely drive a car any more.

Graphically it is ISI standard. Not bad but not perfect. Still there are missing pattern-textured materials (ie carbon). Current approach products a lot of DDS compression artefacts. I suppose it is related to lack of proper shader which support diffuse and AO with independent UV. Maybe some next mod ;)
    There are nice cameras showing suspension movement. But I must confirm again, movement is not as live as I would like to see. Susp itself is graphically not hight quality, which is ok while shown from distance. But when picture is taken from close-up camera, it just suffer.
    BTW: suspension parts has quite low lod-out. Disappearing on (short) distance is very noticeable. I tested with max settings.

Sound is good. Very clear. Maybe sounds not powerful enough, but turning up volume makes the thing. I like turbo sound. I would like it more if sound engine would emit sound directionally. Then incoming car should be heard by turbo when outgoing - by engine.

I'm not sure about turbo implementation. What I noticed is similar to some ones had noticed already. I can feel that turbo charger sometimes works when it shouldn't. But again it is feeling only - I have no experience on how F2 turbos works.

with regards

15. Gabkicks

Gabkicks Registered

Some of us(me included) say the force feedback is very light, while others have rattling?

16. 88mphTim

The first post in the thread does say that... :) We are not aiming to have you having to change a setting for each car, all cars should, eventually, require the same setting.

This doesn't change the fact that some wheels need filtering to reduce noise, just that you shouldn't, eventually, have to fiddle before every car change.

17. Timpie Claessens

Timpie Claessens Registered

Very good car but driving this in a public mp session is near to impossible, everyone thinks they're schumacher ^^
    But the car, as I said, is awesome

18. 88mphTim

This is strange, they look very detailed to me. Infact, so do the other textures you mention. I wonder if there is something stopping your system from showing rF2 properly? max settings of course can be altered by the gfx card settings, etc... Any thoughts on what that could be? If it's anything at all?

I mention because I think your GFX card is superior to mine?

The FFB slow speed issue, if it is one (no idea if it's correct, or not correct on that issue), has been reported, but thanks for the extra info.

19. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead

First of all..I like that car. I like how it feels...and sounds are great!

But there are 2 things that I don't understand..I mean, I don't know if this is the realistic behavior...or something is wrong.

The first thing is the brake force. Imho is TOO MUCH. I've to fight with my ankle to find the right balance...but this huge brake power is not a great friend for a good lap time. I mean, sometimes you need to slam into brakes but with this car is impossible because after the 20/30% of pedal your front tires are completely locked. I've tried moving to the back the brake balance...but imho it works just for slow corners.

The second thing is the steering force when you're near to the max steering angle. It's like the wheel is pushing on the wrong side, similar when you get a reverse force in the FFB. This is not the first time I get this issue in a mod...but honestly I do not understand why my steering wheel have to SNAP into the max internal steering angle like this. It doesn't feel like a expected behavior but maybe I'm wrong..:)

20. Guilherme Faustini

Guilherme Faustini Registered

THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I FEEL... I'm getting no resistance at all and little reversed forces in the middle of the turn, when close to apex.