FIA Formula Two Williams JPH1B Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Sep 11, 2012.

1. F2Chump

F2Chump Registered

Do you see me complain about 60's F2/3 or F.3.5?
    Anyway, I'm going back to netkar, tonnes of FFB off default, no need to modify the life out of the FFB signal.
    Goodluck with the 1000's of complaints when this rubbish goes Gold{already modified my ini}.

2. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Strangely with this car I get 80-90 FPS in Sepang, but there is definitely no smooth flowing feeling while moving. It feels more like 15-25 FPS, like some frames are skipped. At Sepang and Mid-Ohio car drives ok, other then no smoothness. But at Estoril I get huge slowdowns too 1-5 FPS constantly, and the car is underivable, may be it`s falling out of sync with physics engine or something.

It seem like a lot of work needed on optimization of rF2 overall. Its not stable at all right now. One mod and track drives ok, other falls out of sync or whatever it is happening...

3. feels3

feels3 Member Staff Member

I had only few minutes to test car, but it was enough for me to be impressed by engine's sounds.
    Sounds make that I wanna drive this car :)

4. Hagen Tröger

Hagen Tröger Registered

same problem here, don't like racing with this car :(

tested palm beach and croft

5. Max Angelo

Max Angelo Registered

I think the main difference with the previous mods, about the FFB rattling issue, is because F2 tires are pretty sensitive to flat spotting.

Ie, be cautious with the brakes, especially with cold tires, avoiding also minimal lock ups.

In my opinion the effect is a bit overdone atm, but in the notes posted by Tim is written

Furthermore, Tim said many times in the last days that the torque filter setting will be added in the UI: having such UI option will make easier and quicker the tuning of the torque filter.

Lets wait and see. :)

6. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Thanks ISI will hopefully download this later, got new pc to build first!

7. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

Great job, thanks! Love the new addition ;)

8. baked bean

baked bean Registered

Thank you ISI this F2 is a beast, love it. Its always the same people moaning, move on ffs its boring.

9. Brian Clancy

Brian Clancy Registered

Overall an immensely impressive car :D Connection to the car and the feedback are superb and the sounds just add to this!

I will say however that I run a fairly high end system but I too have noticed that the smoothness with this car does not match the FPS. As Tim posted, the White LED issues is here as well as a clattering G25-E :) But that said, early days and a very impressive car! Thanks ISI and keep it up :D

10. Downloaded! Installed! Now testing it! Feedback will follow... THANKS ISI!!! :cool:

11. Ok guys! Don't hesitate another second and try this mod! A perfect blast! This is at least the real rF2 rising up!
    Really ISI YOU ARE THE BEST! What a feeling! FFB is so real and handling so pure! I can't believe it!!!
    Just one little thing! Fuji has really poor FPS! Strange!
    !!!ISI YOU ROCK!!!

12. DmitryRUS

DmitryRUS Registered

I mouse to drive and I do not care FFB, she had no FFB)

13. JeDa

JeDa Registered

Hi,
    I just tested the F2. So far I like it a lot. The FFB seems a little "soft", but I havent driven the real car so I dont know if this is realistic or not. I also noticed that I got more than one downshift when I only shifted once (repeat shifts). I have this only with the F2 car, and only when downshifting. Other cars in rF2 (or other sims) dont have this. I know I can change the repeat shifts line in the player.ini file, but I was wondering if anyone else got this problem. I use a Thrustmaster RS500 F1 wheel.

Another question: What are the optimum tyre temps? I have problems to get them above 50. I still use the default setup. Should I lower the tyre pressure?

14. arnomar

arnomar Registered

Very nice MOD, the FFB is awsome ... I hope other modern car MOD will benefit of this MODel

15. baked bean

baked bean Registered

has anyone used the 6 second boost?

16. DmitryRUS

DmitryRUS Registered

I do not like the sound, like a jet plane.
    little in common.

3D model of the car, like normal.
    I compare with the reality can not, I did not go to F2.
    Question to developers, you actual numbers used for physics or customized?

17. jtbo

jtbo Registered

18. Gabkicks

Gabkicks Registered

I don't think 6 second boost is implemented yet. I am not sure about DRS/wing adjustment either.

19. jtbo

jtbo Registered

You are comparing sound to muffled low quality recording, do you want to sound be muffled low quality recording?
    I have not driven such car so can't say much, but if real driver tests and approves sound, then it must be similar to real one?

In reality they don't use mouse to drive.

20. fanlebowski

fanlebowski Registered

the global ffb is cool. but there are too much "micro rattles" who saturate my wheel (g25) and so i don't feel the car anymore in some corners.

would be nice to simulate the steering system to filter the high frequency movements to limit the range and don't ask our wheels to do some impossibles things :)

but anyway, now, IMO, this is the last (but really really important) thing to improve on rf2 to have a nice new base for league races.