FIA Formula Two Williams JPH1B Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Sep 11, 2012.

1. jtbo

jtbo Registered

For some reason this time afterburner did not record audio at all, sometimes it records audio messed up, but it had been working some time properly until of course now. Anyway, kick the throttle, back off from throttle and try to keep rear tires spinning with adjusting throttle, need to be real fast with steering and it tends to regain grip faster than I can react with throttle so slide is killed early.

However I don't know why I bother...

1 person likes this.
  2. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead

Here you can see the same. I know they're 2 different cars but you can see how linear is the white line during a corner (do not look at the signal oscillation but at the main direction of the torque) versus the green one (the F2) with a lot of UP and DOWN (+ torque - reversed torque), especially at the end of the selection (apex). And I'm just trying to turn into the corner without wobbling with the wheel. It's pretty the same you can see in the previous video with the motec above the replay.

3. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

4. Timpie Claessens

Timpie Claessens Registered

@jamestwesty Ill try and see how replays come out cus theres not way I can record with fraps while driving, I'm on an eyefinity setup and it's already hard enough :D

5. Mulero

Mulero Registered

I tried the mod this afternoon for 2 hours and definitely something wrong with the FFB.

It does not feel anything about the vehicle or tire. Just feel the asphalt. In any car use filtering and FFB feels perfect, but this car is unplayable without filtering.

I like physics and behavior is very natural, well controlled slides, always within limits, but without feeling the car and the tire is impossible to assess properly the mod.

Waiting for an update from ISI that fixes this problem.

6. Jameswesty

Jameswesty Registered

All you have done is lost it and done a snap counter steer recover.

Please make a video of you actualy powering out of a corner "crab walking" or actualy controling the angle of the car on the throttle. In the F2 car

you can see me and that other guy doing what you are doing in my video that's just snap collecting it when the rear gives out.

In a real car its about using small slides to drive the car as fast as possible you can see this in the real world video I posted.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2012
  7. krivjur

krivjur Registered

This is the workbook I made for the video. http://localhostr.com/d8MgnZVa8GUB
    Steering Wheel Angle probably won't work straightaway as it's an user function.

Yep, I was actually going to post a graph of Steering Arm Force and Steering Angle at first but I thought video would be easier to digest.

8. jtbo

jtbo Registered

No, I did purposely make car drift by kicking the throttle, then kept it there while adjusting throttle, perfectly controllable powersliding and very hard of course but so it should be with car of such grip level and weight balance. That thing requires you to be tens of times faster than regular car. I even posted video where Tiff explains why it is so.

9. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead

Which function are you using? I've tried the old one from rF1 but doesn't work for me...

10. Jameswesty

Jameswesty Registered

make a video of you doing it at speed with sound like the guy in real life.

You are not doing a proper power slide all you are doing is losing the back which is not what we are talking about at all.

I can do what your doing any normal driver can do that , what you are doing doesn't even happen when your trying to race fast.

Noone disputes that its harder and more twitchy with less of an angle posable in a faster tighter race car but the point is you can see from hiohoo or whatever his names real world video you can drive like that , and you can see from the real world F2 video that you can power out of corners in a ballenced "crab walk"

11. privatebrian

privatebrian Registered

@Jameswesty, you do realise this is a sim, not real life!

12. Schueppe

Schueppe Registered

This! It schouldn't be easy to powerslide an F2 car because it's a car with high downforce (by comparison) and a weightbalance that do not like powersliding, quite the opposite with the 60's cars which I slide out of the parabolica almost every lap.

13. privatebrian

privatebrian Registered

Another good point!

14. Jameswesty

Jameswesty Registered

do you realise that a simulator is trying to emulate real life so the objective is to have the cars move and act like real world cars ?

15. privatebrian

privatebrian Registered

Yes i do...but it will only be CLOSE...i think you need to be in the real cars for it to feel REAL.

16. Jameswesty

Jameswesty Registered

no one said it should be easy , we are just sying it should be like the real car which as you can see in videos is capable of powering out of corners BECAUSE THAT'S HOW YOU DRIVE FAST.

17. jtbo

jtbo Registered

Right, I don't know why Afterburner is not recording audio, but try to deny this if you can, straight out from the pits:

As you can see from the data I'm modulating throttle and towards end you can see throttle being 100% but it has not enough power to keep tires spinning as slide angle decreases.
    View attachment 3958

I have put enough time for this already, but as you can see it is possible and if that is possible why smaller ones would be impossible? One just to have to be enough fast and not to wait lagging ffb.

18. Jameswesty

Jameswesty Registered

Not talking about feeling a simulator will never FEEL like a real car because its abstract.

I'm talking about specifcaly how the car moves , separately to that its obvouse that the FFB is not working in this build ( to the point that ISI have said its being fixed) and yet most people are happy with it.

19. Schueppe

Schueppe Registered

I wasn't saying it's not possible, just that it isn't easy:p. And by the looks of the first corner he lost time there, but I am able to do these slides, it just doesn't work the first laps you drive it.

Also I'm pretty sure that we are discussing a FFB problem which is there(for some wheels at leat), but not a physics problem.

20. privatebrian

privatebrian Registered

jtbo, nice...but will not be good enough for some on here.