FIA Formula Two Williams JPH1B Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Sep 11, 2012.

1. Slamfunk3

Slamfunk3 Registered

Thats interesting. Ive been runing around 15 with the F2 so i guess i went a lil too far the other way. BTW I'm a g25 user and I'm enjoyin the hell out of this mod. The steering is a little quirky but at least to me it makes sense. Also kind of explains how the F1 guys can do that crazy zig zag tire warmup thing they do.

2. krivjur

krivjur Registered

Well this happens if you naturally stall it as well :) Anyway it's beta, so no harm trying things.

3. GTrFreak

GTrFreak Registered

There are different holes inside the rear wing end plates. Different holes mean different wing angles. As the bottom of the wing is the pivoting point. A higher hole means a bigger angle, which means more downforce. And if I'm right a "gurney" is a little straight up kind of edge which provides extra downforce. Just a little edge on top of the wing:

http://cdn.speedhunters.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/AY0F5875.jpg

4. Hagen Tröger

Hagen Tröger Registered

but nice to see, there is a specific algorithm for the turbo sound, ISI do it right :)

5. krivjur

krivjur Registered

If you use Damper Units="1" on UserData\player\player.plr, you can see the actual value decreases when you press "+" and vice versa. LSR/HSR/HSL/LSL work as you described though.

6. GTrFreak

GTrFreak Registered

Indeed. It's up to ISI to decide which would be better. ATM the results are a bit counter-intuitive..

7. MarcG

MarcG Registered

FINALLY got around to downloading and having some laps with this new mod (albeit on an old machine so FPS is low!), top work ISI for starters for bringing this to us now onto the first impressions bit:

Sounds: Just fab, cant complain about anything here for the time being, simply sounds great!
    FFB: Feels light at low speeds and thats without understeer (G25), otherwise I can grab oversteer every now and then (I'm an Average -> Good racer) and gradually the more I drove the better feeling I had for the car and my lap times plummeted as a result. Not done a long run with worn tires yet but every lap I grew with confidence on how to control the car (default setup), it just feels like I expected it too so thats a good thing.
    Graphics: Cant really comment, old machine so I'm happy just to be able to load the thing let alone race it!
    AI: Again not done much running so only had them pass me on Practice Sessions!

Overall I'm mightly impressed, certainly a step up from the other ISI mods (bar the Brabham) so hope they get some TLC in the future. Unlike the usual suspects I have faith in ISI as they had real teams/drivers help them with this mod so they have a clear understanding of how the car shopuld feel and behave, sure there will be updates to this mod before Gold (as stated elswhere) which is always a good thing, just dont see "drastic" measures required.

Palm Beach: What was updated exactly out of interest?

8. tjc

tjc Registered

Nice one GTrFreak... very much appreciate the explanation and the link. :)

9. krivjur

krivjur Registered

Well, I tried this as well now. -3.5, -4.9 and -2.1 front camber. The strength of the FFB changes quite a lot, wasn't expecting such a big difference (FFB at 1.50). Regards the centering in general I felt the same as you. Maybe when I actually use some time for setup it'll feel more like I prefer.

10. Max Benning

Max Benning Registered

thanks a lot and yes it seems a little odd this way :p

11. What a hell are you talking about???
    Man just grab your wheel and kick down the throttle! ;)

12. fred.e

fred.e Registered

A little set up help please - I normally run with default set ups as I'm not out to break records. Am really liking the F2 cars but getting major rear brake lock-up and losing the back end a lot. Now I'm not a bad driver (not the best either) but what adjustment can I make to reduce this when driving the car near it's limit (and it's not a matter of slowing down as I'm already getting passed under braking into the corners). Is brake bias adjustment all that is needed, anyone recommend rear suspension adjustments? I am but a simple racer..

13. RafBR

RafBR Registered

In the ini file I have filter set to zero as always. In game controller config, car specific ffb set to 4.0 as always.
    I have a G27 and I feel everithing as it should (I think :D) the F2 rfmod feels solid to me. Graphics geting better.

I am curious about that center position lack of ffb said by one here. If that is right would be nice to try a diferent wheel.

14. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Registered

Is anyone else having trouble with top end speed? I can get to the top of 4th and maybe 5th, but I end up hitting a "wall" at around 130 mph. My AI is doing the same, so I don't think it's gearing related. Just feels like it's literally missing the turbo.

15. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

just had a few more hours with the f2,

really enjoyed the session, obviously ive never driven a real world version, I only have the iracing star mazda to compare it too,

i spent one iracing season driving the star mazda & doing lots of practice sessions & 2 races per week, one season is about 3 months.

I do prefer this ISI version, if we trust ISI have done a pretty much perfect job replicating the real thing then maybe the minor fixes i think tim has noted and making a few tweeks just to make it simulator immersion.

the f2 driver testing in a large motion rig who also has a really good instinct for what an f2 car will/can do is a tad diferent to a simulator driver with less gear, just my opinion but i think there has to be a few allowences for this,

a tad more going on in the ffb (rear weight/more connected/less diference between low speed to high speed forces)
    a bit of added suspension "feel" without distracting to much of how this sim car currently performs i think would really make this a super top sim car.

a lot of mixed reaction on this thread, i do think a good few hours of practice is needed to appreicate this type of sim car.

be good if perhaps Tim could give us some insight into any possible alterations (however minor) there may be ?

if none then i think we should respect ISI as it is their mod afterall and they did have good access to f2 information/drivers etc

I think this f2 car is a great addition, with a few amends it could seriously be right up there with bt20, i really hope so

p.s steering range 400 degrees helps alot for me

pps - Im not sure if im suppose to feel any kick from a turbo but i dont seem to feel (or hear) anything although i like the slight whistle sound

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2012
  16. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

heh, kick from the turbo...wife does that for me with great success...oops (Im simming on an office chair) :rolleyes:

17. Maug

Maug Registered

Check you have the latest build(v107), sounds like you're missing the turbo update.

18. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Im on build 107, but don't feel any turbo effect ( turbo kick turbo lag etc )

Is there suppose to be any?

19. Michael Borda

Michael Borda Car Team

Some of the default setup parameters are from the 2011 baseline setup, this will be amended in the future, you might simply try a bit more forward bias or reducing the total brake pressure as required. For our next version the default brake bias will be 55% front.

20. jtbo

jtbo Registered

Usually when I spin at braking it is at time I shift down, so one thing to do is shifting later down, not so much of during braking but more of near end of braking.

Then for another trick I use with this car is floor the brake at first, then back off from brake, I can make car stop on dime like this, it is more like a kicking brake to floor and immediately coming quite bit off from brakes, but this way I can brake thing with 100% pressure and default brake bias with relatively easy.

3rd tip is to play Dragonforce fury of storm while driving, at least 1sec off from laptime with this...