FFb strength adjustable from within the car

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by Rony1984, Oct 19, 2015.

1. Rony1984

Rony1984 Registered

Hi all,

I really like to see the option to have the FFb-strength adjustable from within the car. The reason being that I feel that most of our consumer wheels have too narrow a torque band to convey all the details in all situations. Some cars, for example, feel a lot heavier when fully fueled up, which is a good thing for sure, but which also makes it very hard to set an 'ideal' amount of FFb that will provide good feedback through the whole race/sessions. And then there is the lighting up of the wheel because of tire degradation, rain etc.

I'm sure this was wished for before, so probably just another bump:)

Greets,

R.

2. Rinussie

Rinussie Registered

Oke Bump

3. Hazi

Hazi Registered

+1

4. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

5. Prodigy

Prodigy Registered

Would come in handy, sure +1

6. Euskotracks

Euskotracks Registered

I think that FFB multiplier is now saved per vehicle so I don't see the point of changing it from the wheel.

Enviado desde mi SM-G130HN mediante Tapatalk

7. Led566

Led566 Registered

AC has it.
    Is very handy for us Direct Drive wheel users, because one could fine tune the FFB amount without going in & out of the boxes: you go out for one or two lap and you're done.

So...+1

8. Ozzy

Ozzy Registered

Your sentence makes no sense. The poster wishes to adjust the vehicle specific FFB multiplier from within the car instead of the garage/settings. It is just a more convenient way of setting it up.

+1

9. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

With Fanatec wheels having on the fly adjustment, I increasingly find myself starting a league race at a lower ffb strength setting and as others have stated, when the wheel begins to lighten due to lighter fuel loads and tyre degradation, I knock the ffb up as the race session progresses.... I suppose its a bit of a cheat, but I find I have no confidence in the car unless I do this..... A placebo maybe ??

10. Emery

Emery Registered

My gut impression is that if your ffb is so far out of whack you need to adjust it on the fly, then you're putting lipstick on a pig. Yes, we all like adjustability on the fly, but this one is waaaay down on the list of necessities IMHO.

11. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

My ffb ? I can assure you its set up perfectly. I just state I lose confidence as the wheel gets lighter with tyre wear during a race and find starting with a lower strength setting and gradually upping it as the session progresses helps that confidence a lot.

12. Emery

Emery Registered

Steve, more of a you in the general sense rather than you specifically.

13. Euskotracks

Euskotracks Registered

I perfectly understood what the OP is asking for. My sentence does make sense. IMO there is not such a necessity for these since once you adjust it you don't need to do it again. It is saved for each vehicle independently.

This feature was the one that was really needed and was finally introduced. That was the real necessity. It was a pain having to readjust it every car change.

The same way that after some laps you decide to change the setup and need to go to the garage settings to do so, you may want to modify the FFB multiplier. Is this so hard to do?

IMO opinion it is the same thing as if someone asked for including all car setup options to be modifiable when driving the car. Why not? It might be easier and faster to reach a good setup since you don't have to lose time driving the outlap, heat tires...

Interesting? Maybe
    Priority? Low

Enviado desde mi GT-I9505 mediante Tapatalk

14. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

Ah ok... I agree with most.... there are far more important things I would like to see, way way way before anything like this got worked on.

15. Ozzy

Ozzy Registered

There surely is no necessity for such a feature but it is convenient.
    Setting up the palatov FFB for me looked like: First try, too heavy, back to garage, decrease to 0.9, next try, still to heavy, back to garage, decrease to 0.75, next try, still to heavy, back to garage and so on.

16. RaceDoedel

RaceDoedel Registered

Would be great to have !