FFB Settings for T300

Discussion in 'Hardware Building/Buying/Usage Advice' started by DrivingFast, Jan 1, 2019.

1. PatientRF2fan

PatientRF2fan Registered

That is awesome case,

Feel preference is important and individual.

It always amazes me how our RF2 journey takes us to various areas of tweaking. So many creative and determined ways to sort through our favorite Frankenstein open source modded simulation! lol Totally understand how the plug n play market walks away

Case likes this.
  2. pilAUTO

pilAUTO Registered

This constitutes a very good quality turnkey tuning for the 50 cars made by S397 over the past 5 years.

If you have some unwanted vibrations with some (rare) cars, you need to put a little filter : with this turnkey adjustment, for Formula Pro it is 5 for filter, for radical sr3 XX it is 7 for filter.

Overall you have software clipping starting with official S397 content from the last 5 years at around 65/70/75%.

That's why I started with a 65% FFB multiplier at the time.

I have adjusted it over time (by adjusting the FFB min torque downwards) because it is important to accept the compromises when you have an entry-level steering wheel like the T300.

But really 90% is the max of the max (put the settings of the driver that I recommend).

Frankly no need to bother you, these settings very strongly optimize the T300 which is an entry-level steering wheel, it should still be remembered.

If you want better ..... Buy a more expensive steering wheel, you won't get much better than these settings.

The trick sounds from @Case is like an interesting one though, but I'm not going to start from scratch yet.

3. Case

Case Registered

Feel preference is indeed very important and individual, but my main point is it is also a very lousy and unreliable guide ;) So certainly adjust things to how you like them, I'd just highly recommend not basing your settings on feel entirely and instead choosing something more reliable and measurable as your starting point, like clipping for example ;)

4. PabloVND

PabloVND Registered

Keep t 300 settings on the panel everything on factory default. On rfactor car multiplier 75%, smoothing 4, min force 0.

5. GPNeville

GPNeville Registered

What do you mean by adding a filter? For instance you say FormulaPro should have a filter of 5, do you mean to set the Smoothing to 5 or is there something else to set?
    I've used your settings for some time but would like to understand this new idea

6. Peter Stefani

Peter Stefani Registered

Changed the Steer Trq Sens on the G920 to 2, and set Car Multi to 80, smth to 4, Min Frc to 3.0, and Game FFB level to 70. Never felt better IMO. Thanks for the tip Case. Cheers

7. Lazza

Lazza Registered

What's "Game FFB"? If you mean FFB strength in the rF2 menu, put it on 100%. There's literally nothing to be gained (pardon the pun) by lowering it.

8. Peter Stefani

Peter Stefani Registered

FFB Strength back to 100%, then just dropped the Car Specific back to 50, and all is well. Still no clipping, but feels good. Thanks for the advice!