FFB Settings for G29

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ciccina2016, Apr 8, 2018.

1. Ciccina2016

Ciccina2016 Registered

Hello

Can someone steer me in the right direction ?
    The currently settings I have been using is too strong. The wheel vibrates so much.
    Also what about speed sensitivity or steering rate.
    I would like to have the most simple settings in terms of FFB and visual
    upload_2018-4-8_9-52-9.png

Thank you very much in advance

2. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

Steering Rate is only used for digital controllers eg, keyboard and controller pads. It does nothing when using a steering wheel.
    Speed Sesitivity decreases steering lock at higher speeds.
    Car Specific FFB Mult increases/ decreases FFB to your wheel. Basically 1.00 = 100%
    FFB Smoothing smooths the highs and lows of the FFB but you can lose detail.
    FFB Minimum Torque helps to remove the deadzone (lack of FFB or weight) when car is driving straight. If set too high your wheel oscillates so then turn it down until almost no oscillation is felt.

Edit: Check if Driving Aids are on. They can do weird things to how the car drives.

3. Lazza

Lazza Registered

FFB Smoothing you'll probably want a little higher (8-10) for that wheel, you do lose some detail in the feedback but you need to trade that off against the vibration/noise of your wheel.

Keep speed sensitivity on 0, but if you like to turn the wheel quite a lot all the time (some people have that habit) you'll need to learn to take it easy at high speed so you don't scrub and wear the front tyres too much.

Min torque I wouldn't go much higher than 8%, I've seen some people say 16-20% with the Logitech G wheels but with my G27 I found 10-12 was already creating a 'notch' around the centre which I didn't like. It's just to stop the wheel feeling dead around centre, it's not real feedback so you don't want to actually have it affect you.

Car-specific ffb mult: this can vary per car, often you need this closer to 0.7 or so or you'll be sitting at maximum force all the way through corners instead of feeling the forces changing as the car moves around. It's a little bit more difficult to check this at the moment in dx11 but hopefully the game will allow this soon.

4. Mister Bronze

Mister Bronze Registered

I have a G920 so should be the same as the G29

Obviously FFB can be subjective but I run with a Smoothing of 10 and a minimum torque of 0.5%. I then adjust the in car multiplier as necessary. I mostly drive the Callaway GT3 car and change the multiplier down to around 0.94 IIRC. Most of the cars I have tried I change the multiplier down. usually in the 0.90's.

One tip I remember from the forum was to have the minimum torque set to just before the wheel oscillates from side to side when not being held. This was 0.5 for me but could probably get away with 1 without too much 'oscillation'.

I feel this provides me the best feedback in rF2 and also the best feedback overall when I compare with the other titles I have, AC, R3E and PC2.

edit: Other settings on the main controller page for Steering sensitivity etc I have left as default.

On the logitech profiler I have the Centre Spring off and the percentage at 10% (though presume it is ignored anyway. Sensitivity in here is default with the slider in the middle (50%?)

Last edited: Apr 9, 2018
  5. Kirti Rana

Kirti Rana Registered

is there a way to make car specific multiplier 75% for all vehicles at one go...?

thanks

6. Lazza

Lazza Registered

No. I can try to make this a prettier answer by typing more, but that's about it. It's been mentioned and suggested on numerous occasions but never implemented.

Ok, so there is a all_vehicles.cch (from memory) in your player folder, you can do a search replace in there, but you'll have to do it again if you put new cars in the game.

So a mostly-no, with a slightly cludgy workaround. Standard rF2.

@Kirti Rana just saw you ask the same question elsewhere. Please don't cross-post - ask once, everyone will see it.

Best to let this thread sleep, as it's sort of Logitech specific.