FFB SETTING FOR TS-XW WHEEL

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by vyrush, Jan 1, 2019.

1. vyrush

vyrush Registered

Hey guys, could someone suggest a good setting for Thrustmaster TS-XW wheel.
    Currently I am using all default setup, in-profiler and in-game, but it just doesn't feel right.
    Would appreciate if someone could guide me.

2. Mister Bronze

Mister Bronze Registered

I'm not at my PC but I use:
    In the TM control panel I have set Spring and Damper to 0 all the rest at 100 and Auto center to 'by the game'.
    In rf2 I have set the min torque to 3% (I think). For this I used the method of setting it just before the wheel starts to oscilate side to side when stationery and not holding the wheel.
    I can't recall smoothing but it's only around 4 or 5 I think.
    FFB per car is exactly that but in general around the 60 to 70% mark for GTE and GT3. This is very subjective.

EDIT: My Min Torque is actually 1.5% with smoothing at 4.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2019
  3. M D Gourley

M D Gourley Registered

All I can do is show you what I have my TS XW set at as these are my personal settings and may not suit you...but feel free to try and experiment :):)
    TS XW Control Settings for rF2 at the moment...I change TS XW Control Settings to the 'Default' settings for other Sims like 'Raceroom'
    1 TS XW CONTROLLER SETTINGS 1.jpg
    rFactor 2 Callaway GT3 in-game settings...I have reduced the 'Car Specific FFB' and increased the 'FFB Smoothing' to 6 (this is just my personal preference:))
    TS XW CONTROLLER for rF2 CALLAWAY CORVETTE GT3.jpg

rFactor 2 Merc GT3 in-game settings...I have reduced the 'Car SpecificFFB' as to me it feels not quite right compared to the Callaway
    TS XW CONTROLLER for rF2 MERC GT3.jpg
    ...some other car mods I have reduced the 'Car Specfic FFB' even lower as the FFB was to strong for my personal liking.
    My Sim Rig:D
    SIM RIG 2x TSS RACEROOM copy.jpg
    Hope this is of help.

vyrush and EsxPaul like this.
  4. vyrush

vyrush Registered

Thanks mate. I will definitely give it a try.
    Nice right btw...

M D Gourley likes this.
  5. Jean-Simon Chénard

Jean-Simon Chénard Registered

Good afternoon,

You should set everything to 100% in the thrustmaster control panel.

Rfactor 2 is capable of using all the forces. You can turn this off only if the game is poorly coded like project cars 2 or Asetto Corsa.