FFB - rF1 vs. rF2

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GTFREAK, Sep 17, 2012.

1. GTFREAK

GTFREAK Registered

There was a great article for rFactor on how to set up your FFB in order to get the most out of your wheel. I believe this was assuming you had a G25 or G27. I don't remember who wrote the article, but basically it mentioned how setting the in game FFB in rFactor 1 to anything above medium was absolutely wrong. To get the most out of your FFB in rFactor 1 you needed to set your in game FFB to either low or medium and then set your numbers to between 75%-100%, or something like that. Again, I don't know who wrote the article, but it was very informative.

rFactor 2 does not seem to calculate FFB the same as it did in rF1 so there is no settings for low-med-high this time around. All you get is a FFB multiplier.

I'd like to know how this multiplier works with regard to percentages. Is 1.00 100% and .75 75%? I assume this is how it works. Since we do not have low-med-high settings I am also going to assume that the FFB is not calculated this way any longer, so I'd like to know if setting your FFB multiplier to anything above 1.00 is going too far. At what point do you introduce "clipping" into the equation?

pCARS apparently has some sort of FFB meter to be able to tell when your FFB is starting to clip so you could tweak the settings a bit.

Is there anything like this in Dev mode in rFactor 2?

If anyone remembers the article, please post a link. The article might have even been in that sim racing magazine awhile back. The name of the magazine escapes me and I believe it was in pdf format online.

Cheers.

2. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

There is an on screen pedal mod for rF2 that also has a meter for ffb. It should show you if you start to clip. Look in the mods section and you will find it.

3. GTFREAK

GTFREAK Registered

4. krivjur

krivjur Registered

Here's the link to the plugin: http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/7546-rF2-Pedal-Overlay-Plugin

I didn't use the stock FFB long in rF1 (went to RealFeel / Leo), but what I think the Full, High, Medium and Low settings did, was just set which effects were used. You could've used "Full" and just disabled the desired effects in controller.ini but just setting effects to "Low" was faster and less complicated.

The FFB multiplier in rF2 should work linearly as far as I know. Going past 1.00 may be well justified on some cars and setups.

5. GTFREAK

GTFREAK Registered

The plugin is very helpful indeed. You can see just when the FFB is starting to clip, which is fantastic information.

Now, if we could just get the LeoFFB plugin to work. Although, I suppose it's going to have to be re-written as the FFB in rF2 is handled differently.

At least I know when my FFB is useless, when using this plugin.

6. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Yeah and there was the thingamajig where you could start rFactor in a window and see real-time info on ffb level and you would drive rough track and make adjustments etc to tweak. Anyone know what I'mtalking about?

7. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

See my signature.

8. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

+1 lol

9. hushypushy

hushypushy Registered

Am I missing something?

[​IMG]

10. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2012
  11. osella

osella Registered

IMO signatures should be shown by default, just look how many people use them on this forum, I'd say <10% while on other forums its much more.
    I bet most people have no clue they can enable them here.

12. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Ummmm what do I need to set to view sigs? Not jumping out at me

13. Digi Lauda

Digi Lauda Registered

Hm,

strange things are happening. There is a checkbox in "My Profile - General Settings".
    I didn´t have it checked but i could see signatures :confused:
    But now everything is different, i have checked the box and can see signatures again View attachment 4002 :confused: (Irony!)

Who can find the fault?

digi

Edit: Tried to uncheck the "signatures box" again and now the signatures are hidden. That´s how it shoud be, but .......hmmmmmmm

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2012
  14. jtbo

jtbo Registered

Sometimes I can see signatures of one person, but on same page another post of same person might not contain signature, which I find bit odd.

Maybe it is a bug in software.

Steering resistance I have set to friction instead of damping and now I remembered that also that slow speed steering helping parameter I have set to 5, which should be plenty for it, default is 20, I think, which is way too high, that is 20 meters per second, if using low lock, only when driving at walking speed it should be active, anything more and it may cause issues as at slow corner one turns wheel and gets more steering than intended.

15. Digi Lauda

Digi Lauda Registered

slow speed steering helping parameter ?

Maybe i´m too drunk, can you point me to this setting anyway?

Do you mean "Steering torque zero-speed mult"?
    But this setting defaults to way lower than 20.0.............

16. jtbo

jtbo Registered

I did check and it is called Steer Ratio speed, many set it to 0.0, but I think that setting it to 5 or below does not do harm as it will help only to get out from pits with low lock, of course if aiming to 100% realism then it should be 0.0 and pit exiting will require some workout.

17. Shiftfac3d

Shiftfac3d Registered

I don't really understand ffb that well and what dampers, ect. I have a logitech dfgt. I would prefer to not use my profiler and use ingame settings only but all the settings are foreign to me when I pull up the file with it. Can I get some help on this. Thanks.