SOLVED FFB not working after Reinstalling

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Supa, Dec 27, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Supa

Supa Registered

Hi. I just did a fresh install after uninstalling and deleting RF2. Seems my FFB wont work after changing .json file with correct wheel NM. Wheel just goes stiff like a strong centre spring! Help! Has the .json file changed after DX11?

2. Supa

Supa Registered

Hehe forgot my wheel which is a Bodar simsteering 2 26nm

3. Supa

Supa Registered

Ok I suspect the .json file is not working perhaps. My Wheel just goes stiff as soon as the track loads. It also stays the same when I reduce the FFB multilier to near Zero. I just reinstalled again. Is there a conflict with the Json file?

4. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

Change the line “should have stuck with a belt drive wheel “ = true

Only kidding,hopefully someone who isn’t a dufus (me ) will be along to help you out.

5. Supa

Supa Registered

haha yeh but annoying since I don't know what thye issue is. The fact I can turn the FFB multiplier right down and has no effect? Can someone from 397 help?

6. Supa

Supa Registered

The only thing I can think of is my previous Steam install was on D : for Rfactor 2 but I also had some games installed and running from C: Maybe there is file conflict?

7. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

No idea. Is there a forum for that wheel or something? I don't know how popular they are, so I don't know if they're supported or not. I assume it was working before? Is there any software that you're missing for the wheel maybe?

8. Supa

Supa Registered

I have fixed the issue!! Seems was liker I suspected and was setting in json file for controller. Interesting setting and I would like someopne from Studio397 to respond if possible! I changed this to Zero
    "Other spring coefficient":0,
    "Other spring coefficient#":"Static spring effect rate (-1.0 to 1.0) for any other FFB-capable controllers",
    "Other spring saturation":0,
    "Other spring saturation#":"Static spring effect peak force (0.0 to 1.0) for any other FFB-capable controllers",

They were set at 0.2 and 1

9. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Seems like the game isn't treating your wheel as the wheel, or your driver isn't presenting it as such. I just checked and all the various controller files (for different devices) have the same values as above for 'other', while the wheel spring coefficient and saturation are set to 0.0 and 0.1. So if you go for that you'd be back to 'normal'. Obviously if 0 feels fine you can stick with that too.

Does the FFB feel fine now? I don't know how these things all fit together, but seems a bit strange the game is applying non-wheel FFB to your wheel... I'd be worried your wheel won't be getting the proper FFB...

10. Supa

Supa Registered

No I just set it to what the other wheels are except that I zeroed everything. Working fine and FFB is great! Funny that I tried loading other profiles and that should have worked but seems it reverted to those 2 settings for other controllers! :(

11. Boldaussie

Boldaussie Registered

12. Supa

Supa Registered

Here's a copy of my Jason file in case anyone with an OSW or Bodnar wheel are having issues....

"Other spring coefficient":0,
    "Other spring coefficient#":"Static spring effect rate (-1.0 to 1.0) for any other FFB-capable controllers",
    "Other spring saturation":0,
    "Other spring saturation#":"Static spring effect peak force (0.0 to 1.0) for any other FFB-capable controllers",
    "Rumble strip magnitude":0,
    "Rumble strip magnitude#":"How strong the canned rumble strip rumble is. Range 0.0 to 1.0, 0.0 disables effect.",
    "Rumble strip pull factor":1.5,
    "Rumble strip pull factor#":"How strongly wheel pulls right\/left when running over a rumble strip. Suggested range: -1.5 to 1.5.",
    "Rumble strip update thresh":0.05,
    "Rumble strip update thresh#":"Amount of change required to update rumble strip effect (0.0 - 1.0)",
    "Rumble strip wave type":0,
    "Rumble strip wave type#":"Type of wave to use for vibe: 0=Sine, 1=Square, 2=Triangle, 3=Sawtooth up, 4=Sawtooth down.",
    "Steering effects strength":-10000,
    "Steering effects strength#":"-10000 to +10000, applies to all steering effects (torque, resistance, static spring, jolt, etc.)",
    "Steering resistance coefficient":0,
    "Steering resistance coefficient#":"Coefficient to use for steering resistance. Range: -1.0 to 1.0",
    "Steering resistance saturation":0,
    "Steering resistance saturation#":"Saturation value to use for steering resistance. Range: 0 - 1.0",
    "Steering resistance type":0,
    "Steering resistance type#":"0=use damping, 1=use friction",
    "Steering spring coefficient":0,
    "Steering spring coefficient#":"Static spring effect rate (-1.0 to 1.0)",
    "Steering spring saturation":0,
    "Steering spring saturation#":"Static spring effect peak force (0.0 to 1.0)",
    "Steering torque capability":26,
    "Steering torque capability#":"The maximum torque capability of the wheel (in Nm, obviously)",

13. Supa

Supa Registered

Sorry its jujst a portion of thye file!