ffb multiplier keeps resetting itself

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rapala, Feb 16, 2016.

1. Rapala

Rapala Registered

I have it set to 1.2 and every couple of loads it seems to reset itself back to 1, I think probably after it crashes when I alt-tab out. I've looked in the ini files to see where I might be able to edit this value, but couldn't find it. Any ideas?

2. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

Are you sure you are loading the same car mod each time you notice the ffb multiplier is at 1.0? If it's a different car mod that you're loading and for the first time, it will be at the default car specific ffb multiplier of 1.0.

3. arneschoonvliet

arneschoonvliet Registered

Run the launcher as administrator

4. Rapala

Rapala Registered

ah I feel rather dumb now, this is exactly the reason it's changing. I guess the 'car specific' part of the description should have been a small clue for me! :eek:

5. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

No worries.

6. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

It should set for a whole car class by default, not each individual car. Once you find a non-1.0 setting that is preferred for a certain vehicle, who would not want that applied to all of those vehicles instead of having to remember to change it for each one (days or weeks or months or years later)? The UI has a bunch of these issues, unfortunately. For the 0.1% out there who do want different settings per individual vehicle, let them do the remembering and fiddling :)

7. tpw

tpw Registered

I notice that the multiplier resets itself to 1 if you load in a different controller profile, which is pretty annoying after a while.

8. Marketcrash16

Marketcrash16 Registered

Had the same issue. Figured since it was onky a different skin that I was choosing that it would stay the same. On a G27, i need to crank it way down...especially at 1am. The noise it kicks out is ridiculous.

9. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

might be worth an upgrade to something like the t300 then so you don't have to compromise your ffb during the night?

10. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Ha indeed, one of the many reasons why I upgraded to a thrustmaster wheel last year. The noise level of the g27 is absurd.