FFB Meter

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by Rhino_WJB, Jul 10, 2018.

1. Rhino_WJB

Rhino_WJB Registered

rF2 could really use an in-game FFB meter, to show if/when clipping occurs. Ideally, this would be coupled with an optional key-bind for +/- of "Car Specific FFB Multiplier", so FFB can be tuned on the fly.

2. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

There used to be one as a plug-in for the dx9 version,but since dx11 they haven’t released certain info for folks to create plugins as of yet

It’s on the to do list though I giess

3. Hazi

Hazi Registered

"......this would be coupled with an optional key-bind for +/- of "Car Specific FFB Multiplier", so FFB can be tuned on the fly."

^ +1

4. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

It would seem logical (essential) that it be included in the new UI.

A user had specifically requested it more than a year ago (@MarcG I think). He had received a lot of likes ........... Everyone agreed on that.

The question is :
    Has S397 taken this logical and legitimate request into account?

5. Stephen O'Sullivan

Stephen O'Sullivan Registered

I think a FFB meter is absolutely essential. This may sound hyperbolic, but a calibration tool really should be the top priority for Studio 397. How else can a player calibrate the wheel and/or individual car? (Going by touch/feel is very hit and miss, especially given the differing outputs of manufacturers' wheels.) A great deal of the ingenuity poured into the sim by the developers is wasted if the player unknowingly receives too much or too little feedback through the steering wheel.

6. Stephen O'Sullivan

Stephen O'Sullivan Registered

Does anyone know if Studio 397 is going to add a FFB meter to rF2? As I said above, it's a rather important feature.

DrivingFast likes this.
  7. Emery

Emery Registered

Someone undoubtedly knows, but they aren't saying anything in public. Think about the options:
    1) S397 answers the question as they have ruled it out. Outrage and death of game?
    2) S397 answers the question as they will be making it. Questions all change to "How soon? When?" and sentiment becomes "It's taking too long".
    3) S397 follows through on the promise of documenting DX11 graphics calls for plugins and a 3rd party developer provides us with a FFB meter. The only sentiment is "That took too long."

8. pilAUTO

pilAUTO Registered

I checked if there was already a thread on an already created FFB tool clip "onboard / ingame" thread.

It is, so......

BUMP !

9. nolive721

nolive721 Registered

I agree

I have created a dashstudio FFB meter in Simhub that I use as overlay in Game

it works but a native option with graph representation like any other Sim do would be great

and also having the possibility to bind keys to increase decrease the FFB multiplier value

I mean all other Sims have this Option as well it’s really convenient

10. Peter Stefani

Peter Stefani Registered

You can also show FFB levels in MoTeC if you use that.

11. nolive721

nolive721 Registered

Thank you but i am not willing to invest time and money in a motec solution no

I really wonder why s397 is not putting some devs efforts here honestly

12. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Motec logging doesn't take money.

Unfortunately it seems HUD enhancements are waiting on a new HUD system. I sure hope it runs faster than the UI.

nolive721 likes this.
  13. nolive721

nolive721 Registered

Can you guide me to a Motec tutorial then?

I thought it required HW so I am curious if that’s SW only solution , then I could compare to my simhub dash

thanks in advance

Last edited: Aug 25, 2021
  14. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Motec logging, for me at least, just means logging to telemetry files and then displaying them afterwards. It's not a live motec display solution - that would be something entirely different.

I personally prefer the telemetry approach because you don't need to watch it while driving, and you can evaluate the level at strategic points of a track. (and, actually, use the telemetry to identify those points as well) I don't know that even a live display provided by the game would do the same job, but I understand it should be there because it'll do 90% of the job for people.

15. nolive721

nolive721 Registered

ok thanks.I will stick to Simhub until s397 sort out a native Option. and if we could get FFB multiplier key bidding in the meantime, that would be great really;)

16. Binny

Binny Guest

i have noticed they dont provide these little things they prefer us to use 3rd party content, IMHO would be better supplied by s397 than having to run another program,

juanchioooo likes this.
  17. ThomasJohansen

ThomasJohansen Registered

Graph like this, its simhub:

I didnt know simhub could do graphs until just recently.

nolive721 and doddynco like this.
  18. nolive721

nolive721 Registered

wow, do you know where to get this entire HUD set-up by any chance if you are not the owner of the YT video?

my FFB dash I created in Simhub is using bars representation for Gas/Brake input and FFB output which is fine but yes a Graph type like in this video woudl be amazing

19. ThomasJohansen

ThomasJohansen Registered

Attached Files:

nolive721 likes this.
  20. nolive721

nolive721 Registered

Thank you Sir and great job indeed