FFB meter plugin

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Oldgamergazza, Aug 6, 2018.

1. Oldgamergazza

Oldgamergazza Registered

I have put the plugin in the folders, it shows in the settings as on, but I don’t see it in game?

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Screen drawing plugins like this one no longer work in dx11. You need to find another solution, like using telemetry if you want to see your FFB output.

3. Supa

Supa Registered

Just revert back to DX9 and test the car with the plugin then back to dx11. Easy!!

4. Supa

Supa Registered

By doing this I was able to confirm that the new GT3 and GTE cars are fine and do not clip with FFB multiplier set at default of 1.00 sooo if you are having issues with ffb too strong then reduce the FFB strength of the Wheel sofgware and leave multiplijer at 1.00

5. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@Supa Sure, that's another solution. I'd consider it less practical than telemetry, because the FFB level can change not only with new cars, but with some setup changes and fuel level. So potentially that can be a lot of switching versions when instead I can just check the latest log. But I'm not saying there's only one way, so that's cool.

Just on this, reducing your wheel strength in the software is only something you should do if the wheel is too strong overall, with all content (games). This might be something you want to do for various personal reasons (e.g. physical abilities), or for younger players, or just personal preference with overall feedback. If a particular game provides too-strong FFB, reduce the overall FFB level in that game. If a specific car in rF2 (or other game that allows per-car adjustment) is too strong, just reduce that car's FFB. That will give the same effect as lowering the wheel software strength but will only change what you need to change.

Usually people want to check for clipping so they can lower the FFB if it's clipping - and this is always done on the game side, not with the wheel software. By then it's too late.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2018
  6. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

Whichever method makes Supa slower is the best. ;)
    Bloody hoon.:p