FFB Issue (No FFB occasionally)

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by chrisbmxr, Dec 14, 2015.

1. chrisbmxr

chrisbmxr Registered

Hi All,

I have been having this issue since build 946, and it's still happening every now and again.

Basically sometimes when I get in the car I have no FFB. All inputs work correctly but just no FFB. I then have to go in to the garage, in to the controls menu, and adjust the FFB level back and forth which seems to reset the FFB. It then works fine. Is this a software issue or is it more likely to be an issue with my wheel? I have tried using the in-car 'Reset FFB' option but that doesn't work.

I'm using a Fanatec CSR, and I have updated to the latest rF2 build.

Thanks,

Chris.

2. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

I have the exact same problem with my T500RS, control working but no FFB. It happen...let's say once for around 20 races launch during the same session (without exiting rF2). Just Restarting the race (ESC=>Restart Race) is enough to get my FFB back.

3. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

If I`m not wrong, i read somewhere about problems with thrustmaster wheels and the ffb update rate. You may have a look in the controller.ini

//Edit: maybe same with fanatec wheels?

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Probably a different issue, but occasionally I'll lose FFB in my G27. I've got "Reset FFB" mapped in controls, hitting that fixes it. But like I said, probably a different issue.

5. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Sadly... i have to report same issue with my G27. I lost FFB 2 times on a 10 lap session, with 3-4 rejoins on track, rejoin to the track solved it. But this is really a fun breaker.

6. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Drivers up to date?
    MOBO USB drivers too?
    Faulty wiring?
    Faulty USB connection?
    Tried different USB ports?
    Faulty Power Supply?
    Faulty Wheel?

So many things could be causing it, try everything you can your end then if it's still failing then maybe ISI can help should it be something to do with the game.

7. Woodee

Woodee Registered

I've always had this problem with my G25, well at least as far back as I can remember.