FFB for a person in need :)

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by dandaman84, Mar 27, 2014.

1. dandaman84

dandaman84 Registered

Hey Guys,

Recently i came across RFactor2, bought me a copy. I have to admit i haven't had this much fun racing a sim ever. AI is so competitive and fun, smart too, i literally have to turn the aggressiveness level all the way up. I'm a big fan of racing, i was born here in Interlagos my self. Though as a DJ/Producer i travel a lot, very rarely having any time to finish my race rig at home. So i have to stick to racing in hotels, airports and airplanes. Although gamepads are not everyone's fav choice, i have no other choice than a regular gamepad, thing is i don't get force feedback on my pads. I have both Dualshock3 and 4, smaller size controllers, fit in my bag, other than the Microsoft ones. Is there anything i can do to get FFB on RFactor 2 with these gamepads?

Thank you and what a lovely experience it is to drive this sim.
    Cheers ,

Danny

2. Eddy

Eddy Registered

3. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

I've never used a controller so I'm not 100% sure this will work but you can try changing "FFB type" to controller.

View attachment 12131

4. dandaman84

dandaman84 Registered

Thanks there Eddy, but this didn't work. :)

5. dandaman84

dandaman84 Registered

Yeah i went around all of these settings. I get ffb on other sims though.

6. Hectari

Hectari Registered

Tried it out with my DS3 pad and can confirm no feedback, though i've now got it configured to be recognised as an XBOX pad, used to use motionjoy but it was a pain and found the XBOX solution much easier and can use it in more games and without having to mess about configuring, loading driver etc. and most support XBOX pads plug and play. Which way do you have your pad configured?

7. dandaman84

dandaman84 Registered

Hey Hectari, I'm using Motionjoy as well. The DS Novela of getting drivers to work is awful i know! I have both DS3 & DS4. I'm using it as the same option as you are, to be recognised as an Xbox Controler. I get FFB on every other Sim but not on RFactor 2. Looked for a few solutions, tried that ReelFeel plugin for Rfactor1, didn't go anywhere supposed cause it should for for RF1 and not 2 i don't know. :)

8. Hectari

Hectari Registered

Sorry, to clarify, i'm no longer using motionjoy. I now have my controller set up as a plug and play xbox controller, no need to do anything each time you plug in, works from the get go with everything configured properly and no messing about with any software or drivers, though you lose L3 and R3 buttons but I suppose you already can't use them with xbox controller selected in motionjoy. Here's a guide to set it up this way:

Also confirmed that I do get FFB on my DS3 pad set up this way, used RaceDriver:GRID to test. No matter what I try I can't get it to work in rf2. The option is there for pad ffb but is it actually supposed to function or is this planned for the future?

9. Hectari

Hectari Registered

Correction, L3 and R3 do actually work in games with the controller configured as above, they just don't show when pressed in Game Controller Settings -> Properties as there aren't button lights to show them working in there, but do work in game.