Few issues I have with build 228

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by pleclair, Jun 22, 2013.

1. pleclair

pleclair Registered

Here are a few issues I've been experimenting on build 228:

When loading a track, sometimes, maybe 1 out of 10 race or so, I will get a totally black sky. It is noticeable straight in the small view when inside the pit, and when going to track, it's still the same. Looks like night driving, with a totally lit tracks, trees, etc.. Only the sky is pitch black, no texture at all.

When this happens, there is usually something else that will happen shortly after, if I try to quit the race, and try it again. Some times, I will load the track, everything seems fine, then I exit the pit, and everything is slow mo... running at about 4-5 fps.. big time audio lag while revving the car, etc...

Then I need to exit the game, load it again, and everything is fine.

Btw, I'm running all updated windows, drivers, directx, and what not.

Another little glitch I noticed is related to the ghosts. They have been brought back, but I had many saved ghosts from build 198, and they will not show in build 228. If I enter a track which I have a saved ghost, and race it (I mean practice), I won't see the ghost, but it's there, since I see the Transparent Trainer name in the driver's list. If I manage to beat my 198 ghost, once I see the new fast lap message, the ghost then works fine.

Another thing I noticed, and this goes back to build 198, but when driving the historic formula car, and racing a ghost, from cockpit view, you don't see the ghost thru the small windshield. IE, if you are real close to it, you totally won't see it. If you take a bit of distance, so the ghost is half up the windshield and half in the windshield, then you will see half the ghost. The ghost seems to be filtered from this part.

EDIT:

New glitch I just found out. I just played a replay (not from the race itself, but from the main menu) and I noticed that my real road on Lime Rock Park - West bend chicane is appearing wrong from tv camera. What I mean is, there is huge chunk of the real road missing, looks like the track is green at those spots, and when the car moves over that patches, the real road paint itself, and it looks almost ok then.

Viewing the same replay from cockpit view, and the real road is appearing fine.

I will compress the replay and send it to youtube sometimes later today or tomorrow, and I'll post the link in here to show you the real road problem.

Here is the video I was talking about:

You can see it around 0:20 and 0:30... and whenever the missing patch is staying long enough after the car went over it...

Funny thing, it seems to be happening only for this particular replay, as I don't recall seeing this problem. I will test a bit more with the same car, on different tracks in the coming days, to see if it's related to the car, or if it's a combo of formula ISI and LRP...

Sorry for the video quality, I'm still trying to figure the best settings for my computer... I can't record at full framerate at 1920x1200, so I first tried half res, but it drops at 960x600, and youtube gets it even smaller at 480p only... so i went for 1280x720, and used different compression settings so the filesize would be more uploadable..

meh...

EDIT 2: Another glitch you can notice is the texture of the car is black, and should be the stock red livery. I've seen this happens for different cars, using both custom and stock liveries. Seems to happens only when playing a replay from main menu... will investigate more on this.

EDIT 3: Well, seems like the real road missing problem is happening more than than I first thought. It can also affect cockpit view, and most probably other views as well.

Also, if you use the Real Road: Auto-save feature, then play a replay at main menu for a track that have an auto saved real road, next time you race the track, the auto saved real road is reset to green state. However, seems like manually saving it, and still using Real Road: Autosave, works. I have yet to find out if it's the manually saved one, or if the auto saved one is kept...

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2013