Ferrari with rFPro

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Paddler, Oct 14, 2014.

1. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Thank you.

2. Travis

Travis Registered

I'm certain Evo magazine did an article on the McLaren simulator a few years ago. Richard Meaden drove the simulator and talked to the McLaren test driver about it.

3. speed1

speed1 Banned

I don't want destroy your and others dreams but to stop dreaming would be more healthy in this case. Professional simulators do not use only a single PC like we do.

4. MerlinC

MerlinC Registered

You are absolutely right and you might not have seen the smile.

To be very clear. My personal opinion is that if you do a code comparision between the two rfactor versions you'll find very little commonalities. So there is no dreaming at least on my side. And for sure we don't get the formula one engine and tire data...

Sent with Tapatalk

5. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Become a millionaire, start manufacturing your own vehicles and your dream might come true... :) :D

6. David O'Reilly

David O'Reilly Registered

Just to add my perspective.
    With the rapid advancement of PC performance and simulator performance maybe it would be more fun to think instead of
    -The F1 teams have supercomputers and we are well behind what they do
    and think instead
    -I wonder how far back in time we have to go to find a parity between what we do on a modern PC and RF2 and what the F1 teams did???????

Couple of key dates
    The Apollo 11 Mission mans first moon landing. The Space Craft has about as much computing power as a $30 mobile phone
    IBM made their first PC in 1981
    What computer power do you suppose a well funded F1 team had in say 1997 or 2000 or 2005 and how well developed were their "simulations" then.
    What computer power and simulation budget do you suppose a struggling F1 team might have in 2014?
    I can tell you that when Jacques Villenuve was preparing for a race at a new (unknown to him) track he would practice on the Playstation.

So my hypothesis is that if we plotted F1 simulation (remembering there was unlimited testing) somewhere between Villenueves 1997 Playstation and say 2007-2008 it would intersect with what we have today in RF2.

7. TypicalAnalytical

TypicalAnalytical Banned

Regarding spring feel, try turning off "allow game to make changes" or whatever the fanatec equivalent is in your wheel SW. Has worked for me to eliminate that spring feel in other games.

8. TechAde

TechAde Registered

Wrong thread perhaps?

9. Panigale

Panigale Banned

The born with thing is nonsense but more to the point, you switch because you want to win. Marco was not a winner, he was a salesman who copied his peer's approach in China. Glad to see Ferrari is leaving no stone unturned.

10. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

I for one am glad they got rid of the salesman at Ferrari. I really really hope they get their act together for 2015! They need to be way up there in the fight.

11. Led566

Led566 Registered

Mr. Arrivabene in english means...get well (in the race!);)
    He too is a marketing man but also in touch with F1 button room since long time...let's hope for the best.