Ferrari with rFPro

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Paddler, Oct 14, 2014.

1. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

Need for speed Underground :cool:

2. C3PO

C3PO Registered

^ LOL

3. Joe

Joe Registered

4. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Depends how good the software engineers using the platform are. Pro is an evolution of rF1, but what it becomes in the hands of the teams is up to the teams.

5. Descoat

Descoat Registered

But, ¿does pmotor 2.5 ( from isimotor 2.5 ) belongs to rfactorPRO physics engine, or is this an evolution to test next rfactorPRO 2?

6. 88mphTim

It's an evolution of rF1, like rF2 is. No, Pro isn't rF2. rF2 isn't Pro.

7. Descoat

Descoat Registered

Thanks Tim!

8. TMoney

TMoney Registered

Maybe somehow we can turn this into some Ferrari licensing for rF2? I know it's probably unlikely but you never know!

PS: I work for Ferrari, but nothing to help with that. :)

9. Panigale

Panigale Banned

Briatore is a hustler with a decent eye for talent. His success was short-lived and he made plenty of mistakes. Ferrari isn't Benetton. Ferrari is supposed to be in the running each season. They are the royality of F1.

Consider the F1 champs the last six years. Teams with talent lead by experience. Look at the squad MB has put together. Similar to RB in that everyone has significant experience and value. Horner isn't sales or a hustler, neither was Brawn or Wolf. Look at the CVs for these guys. (Even Jean Todt started in racing first.)

These are the teams winning F1 today. Ferrari wants solid results and no risky bets. Hence their action with Vettel and not going with Bottas. . Do you know what Marco did here in the States? I think he took Ferrari from like six authorized dealers to ten or something. Not what I call leadership when this was already done in China with good results (kudos to Edwin Fenech). If Ferrari revamps their entire process down to the sim software and leaves a "CEO" of ten whole dealers in charge of the whole mess, I'll be the first to eat crow.

On Topic, that is one badazz looking simulator.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2014
  10. 88mphTim

Na, they're nothing to do with each other.

11. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Exactly, the simulation software was the problem. And when they did their major hardware upgrade a couple years ago they still weren't satisfied with the simulation package as the software was still not cutting it and that is why they were still known to have a weak sim compared to many other teams, and I am not suprised that they are now finally turning to rFactor Pro like so many other Formula 1 teams have.

I am not trying to bash Ferrari. I'm probably one of the most die-hard Ferrari fans here. Ferrari is like a religion :)

12. MerlinC

MerlinC Registered

Don't need everything from rF2pro. If ISI can just make sure that we get the most recent tire and engine models from the major formula1 teams I would be happy :))

Sent with Tapatalk

13. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead

That's not what I said but yeah, Forza Ferrari Sempre!!!. :)

14. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

"We've got to kick some ass and we've got to do it quickly"

-Sergio Marchionne, new chairman at Ferrari

lol! ;)

15. yusupov

yusupov Registered

is it true that kunos & ferrari had a falling out though?? thatd be awful if so.

16. Paddler

Paddler Registered

i just had some laps at Spa with the Ferrari Sports Car in rF2 and in the other sim. It's amazing how much more alive rF2 is in comparison. There is so much going on. The same corner feels different in small nuances at each lap. Incredible. There is so much depth in rF2. But people these days seem to fall for show effects.

17. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

I think it's too easy to discredit another game based on what you feel via FFB. While you can feel the car and the road, there is a sort of spring feel to the wheel (mine's a Porsche GT3 RS v2) which I feel if it wasn't there, would be fantastic. Unfortunately I don't know if there is even an option on user-end to alter that aspect, I don't dare dwell outside my knowledge on the files they made available.

18. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Where is this?

19. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

Could be the Ferrari challenge mod or the egt ferrucio or blancpain.

20. Paddler

Paddler Registered

Sorry, yeah. Ferrari Challenge 2011 mod. Same car as in the "other" sim.
    @ Guimengo: No, it's not a discredit. FFB is part of a sim. And I did not refer to it by just the feel through FFB. It's the whole situational awarness of the car and the track. Sometime it's really scary to take a corner flat out. And it depends on how one attacks a bend on how the car "feels" and behaves on the road. For me, that's sets rF2 apart from the other sims. And i do not want to discredit other programs.