Ferrari GTE lack of speed

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Stockers, Apr 20, 2021.

1. Stockers

Stockers Registered

Anyone got advice around this?

How is it that you have to reduce the speed values in the talent files for the Aston & Porsche so that they're nearer the Ferrari.

At Silverstone the Ferrari in qualifying are around 2 seconds slower. Closer than that in WEC.

Pointless asking anyone associated with S397 cos you don't get an answer. Ridiculous.

Cheers

Last edited: Apr 20, 2021
  2. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

BOP perhaps? Some are faster in a straight line and some are faster in corners. Balance Of Power is done to make the cars race compatible.

Now i havent tested it in a while if something is broken, so im not sure, but that would be my guess is the reason.

3. Stockers

Stockers Registered

I get the BOP is never going to be perfect but 2 seconds gap.

4. Giuseppe

Giuseppe Registered

Impossible that the Ferrari GTE is 2 sec slower in Silverstone, what time did you do?.... A few months ago I did an endrurance race at Silverstone and the pole was 1.56.7 with Ferrari

Last edited: Apr 28, 2021
  5. Stockers

Stockers Registered

I'm talking about the AI.

6. JamesB

JamesB Registered

But you were complaining before that the Porsche was not fast enough, now the Ferrari is not fast enough! You do want them all to be the same don't you.

7. Giuseppe

Giuseppe Registered

Ah okay, you didn't mention AI, for this reason I didn't understand...But the AI doesn't interest me, I use the simulator only for online races

8. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

While discussing another aspect of the BOP(the non gap between GTE & GT3), somebody pointed out a fully completed practice session yields much better results than qualifying. Let the GTE group circulate for at least an hour in PRACTICE and compare lap times. I am not saying this will be a fix because I'm guessing all BOP is currently only tested online. i.e. Rudy can lap within a tenth in each car once the last round of BOP was completed. We have said this many times in regards to many aspects of OFFLINE behavior, the focus of S397 has and probably will be almost all online with a few crumbs thrown towards solo play users. I know the last update did improve some aspects of offline play, but I haven't seen anything that would indicate they have shifted resources away from Online issues/features.