Ferrari F1 constant grip

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by F2Chump, Apr 12, 2014.

1. F2Chump

F2Chump Registered

2. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

Quite interesting when he says some guys don't trail brake. I always thought everybody trail brakes.

3. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

And the description of the "sim racers curse"; the fact that have to rely so much more on our sight as a reference point than real drivers, who actually feel the G's.

4. Empty Box

Empty Box Registered

Everyone trail brakes even when they say they don't. The question is how much they do it.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2014
  5. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Exactly.

Well unless there are people out there who are literally 100% off the brakes the moment they even give 1% of steering to the corner's turn-in, and ya, I'm pretty sure not a single person does that in sims.

In real-life, at the racing schools I attended, worked, and instructed at, we would always drive it home hard to everyone to be 100% off the brakes and back on the throttle to stabilize the rear, as soon as they started to turn in. Then holding a steady bit of throttle (just a small amount) and as you get to the apex you start adding more and more throttle as you're taking away more and more steering, as if the steering wheel and throttle are connected by a string with no slack.

Later on if you take further advanced courses or if you clearly were experienced and skilled and new what was going on then they would introduce trail braking, not only as a way to allow later braking, but as a way to rotate the rear therefore aiding turn-in, to those few who clearly where "on top" of things....

Problem was, even in the softer "school" version of the F2000s (street tyres, no roll bars, softer shocks and springs, detuned engine, further biased front brake bias) people would still get into major trouble / spins during corner entry even when just turning in with no brakes or throttle, let alone while trail braking.

6. F2Chump

F2Chump Registered

Yes Spinelli, new drivers are entitled to crash, but experienced sim drivers should be able to adequately control high downforce open wheelers, unfortunately, I find the faster rf2 cars the hardest to drive whereas in every other sim, the faster the car, the better I was compared to my racing buddies.

7. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

Ah so this is a whine thread....lol. Well if you watched the entire video he has moments where he has a hard time getting the power down because he admittedly made a mistake. Maybe the OP just isnt' as good as he thinks he is?

8. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

I was just talking about the skippies / school F2000s in game and in real-life mostly with regards to trail braking. I'm not really sure what you're trying to get at...

9. F2Chump

F2Chump Registered

I've been there and done that many times in the past, and rf2 is currently uninstalled, so I'll have to opt out of that.