Released Ferrari 488 GTE

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, May 29, 2020.

1. Stockers

Stockers Registered

It's definitely the GTE. Thanks

2. Balazs Magyar

Balazs Magyar Registered

When I drive the Ferrari, I have 30 fps at the race start. Any other GTE cars: 60 fps. It shouldn't happen with the same LOD, I guess.

(no v-sync, latest rF2 release candidate)

3. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

The Ferrari is the first of the GT fleet to receive a full texture/shader update to the interior of the car. Eventually we think all the DLC cars will have the level of detail the Ferrari's have. But that is probably why your system is choking some at the start.

Balazs Magyar likes this.
  4. Balazs Magyar

Balazs Magyar Registered

So they'll be all undriveable. Great :D

5. Fabian Balle

Fabian Balle Registered

Yes it's got the hightest quality interior like the C8 and Bentley GT3 2020. And I cant wait for the other GT 3/E cars to get PBR'd as well. Really hope they are working on it or at least planned to do it

Sim_Player likes this.
  6. Stockers

Stockers Registered

Anybody got an answer for why the Ferrari is slower than the other GTE cars at Spa & Silverstone? Around 2 seconds slower which is ridiculous. Kind of makes talent files pointless.

7. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Yes, the system requirements for rF2 will only grow greater as graphics are continually upgraded. It will be up to the individual user to scale back those details. The cars should be built to push even the best systems but also have levels of detail that can be stripped away.
    (been reading similar threads all the way back to ICR2 and GPL.) Sim racing has many similarities to real racing. When the car owner asks how fast can the car go? The Crew Chief asks: "how much money do you have?"

Balazs Magyar likes this.
  8. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I'm not sure what tracks S397 used to work on the BOP, but equalizing cars to one track, does not guarantee they will remain balanced at the next circuit. Ask Durge how to create individual setups for cars at each track.(Sorry Durge....seems right up your alley) :)

9. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

Why can't we have this beauty livery ?

I find that the liveries selection is poor...

Last edited: Aug 10, 2021
  10. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

have you checked race department?
    Last time somebody posted the sales numbers for all the rF2 DLC, I was EXTREMELY surprised to see the Ferrari was one of the lowest sellers. (possibly due to being a single car later absorbed into a package...but still...)

11. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

yes but is it too hard to release a car with 10 beauty liveries ???

12. Scoopscat7

Scoopscat7 Registered

No, so there must be another reason? Licensing? I suspect Ferrari are very strict on their image and limiting liveries would be one way of doing that.

13. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

First of all there are some lisencing issues for real life liveries and you need to pay an artist to do more skins for a car that get's shipped with the game or DLC. Thatswhy you have mostly just a few liveries and that's it. The Formula Pro is a quite good example on how it should be done actually offering a full field with great fantasy liveries, but it certainly isn't the standard in sim racing titles. From my perspective it would be great to have a full field of atleast 20 different cars that are somewhat based/related on real liveries. ISI did this with the DW12 for example where some skins and drivers were real while others were mockups with somewhat funny driver names.

But there is also another reason why you don't get the liveries from Pro esports teams. Those liveries are in some cases designed by real designers, like Koda factory for example who do nothing else than making cars skins for money. Keep in mind that Koda factory isn't just designing virtual but also real car liveries. So it's quite obvious that some of those beautiful cars skins are propably a bit expensive and that's the reason why pro teams don't share them in a blink of an eye.

Nieubermesch likes this.
  14. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

I understand....I have already bought all the rf2 content from Koda factory...with the BMW CS it was a new game....But with the poor AI selection feature it's a nightmare to choose AI skin....I want to create a new class for AI skin but it's more a nightmare....