Feel of flat spot tires

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by cabelo3d, Jul 5, 2020.

1. Kevin van Dooren

Kevin van Dooren Registered

You must be fun at parties.
    I'm glad you think there is at least one good tip in there, I really needed confirmation from some random dude.

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@EricW IMO it's correct to correct (!) advice to run FFB Mult at 1.0. Doing so will cause clipping in the FFB output from the game, and it doesn't matter what wheel you're using because that detail will never be regained (ok, some software/drivers may try to reconstruct the missing peaks - but that's a poor substitute).

FFB Output has been logged in my DAMPlugin for the last couple of years, easy to check in there. So I'll correct that thing you said about there being no other way to check it.

Reiche likes this.
  3. EricW

EricW Registered

It's great to correct, never hear me saying it is not.
    But were was al the good advice before i started to give the wrong advice???
    where can i find that utility Lazza?
    It is not part of RF2 as far as i know.

4. EricW

EricW Registered

For me you are just as random as i am...you seem to find yourself a tat more than that....
    Are you invited at parties btw? :D
    Forum hero's...oh my...

5. Lazza

Lazza Registered

The OP stated 38% FFB in game, I assumed that meant 0.38 FFB Mult which seems a reasonable figure for a DD wheel. So no reason to advise on that, though I did point out the futility of trying to tweak tyre scrub FFB in isolation.

Do you have motec? Do you use it with rF2? If so there's a 98% chance you're using one of my plugins to do so. DAMPlugin is the current one, you'll find it in the third-party section (in Other, as it's not a car or track). Or search the forum.

Reiche likes this.
  6. EricW

EricW Registered

Last edited: Jul 11, 2020
  7. EricW

EricW Registered

Hopefully you can do something with this.
    I have a SC1 also, when i find the time let's try to document this in a proper way.

And otherwise for other users, if there already is (good) documentation on the subject of setting up Rfactor2 on the Simucube (official, not approx. in general), please share a link.