Fanatec pedals

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Mark Fuller, Dec 24, 2017.

1. Mark Fuller

Mark Fuller Registered

If this question is not suitable for this site, please remove.

I use Fanatec Clubsport V1 pedals and I am having a small issue with the throttle pedal. I suspect that the Hall Sensor is the issue and have contacted Fanatec about the availability of replacements. However, Fanatec are not the quickest to reply [if I get a reply], so wanted to ask if anyone else has replaced this sensor and is it possible to source them from anywhere else?

Thanks and Happy Christmas everyone

2. bwana

bwana Registered

Once you get through to Fanatec they will send promptly , lve used the Australian distributor and they where very prompt ..also be sure the grub screws securing the sensor are secure as some are know to loosen ..

3. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

Just to add,make sure the magnet is clean and like bwana said,see if the screw is loose and the metal thing hasn’t moved.
    Look at the others to see placement

4. Mark Fuller

Mark Fuller Registered

Thanks guys

5. patchedupdemon

Report back your findings pls,untreated to hear if it’s dirts or mis alignment

6. Mark Fuller

Mark Fuller Registered

OK, an update. So far I have yet to hear from Fanatec with regard to replacement sensors. However, I was able to remove the sensor and after a search on YouTube [to know what I was looking for!!] realised that the magnet was quite dirty. I cleaned it [in situ] and reattached the sensor. I found the sensitivity a bit erratic at first, but it settled down. It seems that it is quite important to get the tightening of the three screws right. I did this whilst monitoring the Fanatec USB Pedals Properties page. Also did the clutch whilst I was at it as it was just as dirty!!

bwana and patchedupdemon like this.
  7. patchedupdemon

Good to hear you sorted it with no extra cost

8. Deadpedal

Deadpedal Registered

I am the owner of v1 Clubsports since early 2012. I have experienced numerous pedal calibration problems during my ownership. The first problem was with a loose USB cable that caused the clutch to be partially disengaged to varying extents, producing a slippage effect. That was cured by using a zip-tie to create a strain relief and secure the cable to the pedal frame. Use of USB at the pedal connection in a device that is essentially constantly stomped on in use was very short-sighted on the part of Fanatec, IMHO.

Much later I started experiencing the throttle failing to register its full stroke which resulted in, well, lots of people driving past me and out accelerating me. I too thought that the Hall sensor was going bad and ordered a new one. However, though it seemed at first to cure the problem, within a short period, the throttle started intermittently exhibiting the same behaviour. I tried moving the pivot pin to another hole on the pedal arm (there are actually 2 Hall sensor chips on each sensor unit, one for each of two pivot pin positions) which didn't help.

With enough poking around, I determined that the problem was that the distance between the Hall sensor and the magnet on the end of the pivot pin was critical and what seemed at first to be insignificant lateral play between the pedal arm and the pivot pin block (the part that receives the pedal's spring strut) was in fact enough to cause the problem. I devised a shim from a plastic wallet card that was about half the thickness of a typical credit card which measured all of 0.015" (1/64th inch or 0.4mm) and slipped it between the pivot block and the pedal arm opposite the end with the magnet. This was enough to take up the play (without friction) and keep the gap between the magnet and the sensor to a minimum. I did this in the summer of 2016 and have not experience any such issues since while racing 3 hours per night twice a week.
    [​IMG]