SOLVED Fanatec DD disconnecting mid session

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by green serpent, Jul 29, 2022.

1. green serpent

green serpent Registered

Hey guys,

I've had an issue pop up recently where my fanatec DD is disconneting mid session, with total loss of steering and occationally causing the game to crash. Sometimes it diconnects for only a split second but other times it goes haywire and I need to reboot the wheel and restart the sim.

Oddly enough it seems to happen at the same locations on the track.

I have tried a previous build of the game but no luck so far. any ideas before I start thinking about unistalling/reinstalling stuff? I know there is a cach folder or something that can be deleted, can someone remind me how to do that?

Cheers

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Is it plugged into a USB 2 or 3 port? Try 2 if not already.

Renaming your Userdata will basically give you a completely fresh profile to try, with your original still there to restore or reference as desired. Verify rF2 files after renaming to restore the default controller profiles.

davehenrie likes this.
  3. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Start with renaming the player.json file(I use player.jxxxson so the old file will be right next to the new file) located inside the rFactor2/UserData/Player folder. Launch rF2 and it will rebuild that file. If that doesn't help, Then rename the UserData folder. Same process, restart rF2 and the UserData folder will get remade. The cache files are more for graphics but those will be replaced when you rename the UserData folder.

green serpent likes this.
  4. Tom101

Tom101 Registered

I had similar problem. Sometimes the wheel would kick before it shut down. Fanatec required that I had to show them on video. Since it happens at unpredictable intervals I set up my phone cam and would record 30 minutes at a time erase and start again. After more than 2 hours it happened. They had me send it in and in one week sent me a totally new DD1. I like you thought it was the fault of everything else. Reinstalled RF2. Thought it was an SRS glitch etc etc. It had other problems too. It would never let me shut down RF2 I would always have to go to task manager to shut it down. Thought that was an RF2 problem. All my problems went away with the new unit. Fanatec makes you go through various tasks and questions but eventually makes good.
    Good Luck

Last edited: Jul 29, 2022
    green serpent likes this.
  5. green serpent

green serpent Registered

So I things out in Acc and it was a similar issue, which made me think it was the wheel. I changed usb ports but that didn't help. I read online that people were having issues with the power supply... I already checked that everything was plugged in properly, so plugged the base into it's own wall socket instead of a power board but still no luck.

Anyway, I went over all the connections again and I saw that as the power cable was coming out of the back of the wheel base, it was making a pretty tight S bend to fit through a gap. This was slightly pulling downwards on the plug. I gave it some slack to ensure it was entering the wheelbase dead straight, and thankfully that has fixed the issue.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2022
    ReaperNZ, davehenrie and Goanna like this.