Fanatec CSW V2 and Brake V3 Calibration Problems

Discussion in 'Hardware Building/Buying/Usage Advice' started by rer8, Nov 23, 2015.

1. rer8

rer8 Registered

I received my Fanatec F1 Black, Pedals V3, and Base V2, three days ago. The Fanatec system works very well when I can get rF2 to maintain the in-game calibration/settings. I have disconnected my DSD Button box, because I am attempting to eliminate any and all problems that might be a result of the USB's. The pedals randomly revert to 50% of range and I have found no solution to this problem. I thought I would ask the forum for advice and hopefully resolve this quickly before consulting Fanatec. This is a fantastic system when I can get it to work.

Thanks in advance for your replies
    Randy

2. Brack Jabham

Brack Jabham Registered

I've had the same problem with my recent purchase. In the Game Controller options I ticked "Enable Manual Mode" for calibration - did that, then unticked it again. This meant they recalibrated, and then were OK. Maybe best contacting Fanatec support to correct in the next driver update.

3. Emery

Emery Registered

Make sure the firmware is up to date and connectors well-seated. Other than that, can't offer any advice since I don't have those pedals.

4. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

I had the 50% calibration often before. Most likely nothing is wrong. If it's still happening then just press the pedals all the way down which sort of calibrates them and you're fine.

Also, the new firmwarw may have eliminated the "issue". Remember to have the pedals plugged directly into the PC when updating the firmware. I also make sure only the pedals, or only the wheel, is plugged in when changing the firmware just to be safe but that's probably not needed. I make sure both are plugged in while installing the driver since it says to make sure to have all Fanatec devices connected upon installation.

5. Saabjock

Saabjock Registered

To O/P...next time it happens, unplug...then re-connect the pedals and see if it goes back to full range.
    Make certain you are also plugged into a USB 2 as opposed to a USB 3.
    I've seen that cause issues as well...especially if the computer was in sleep/hibernation mode prior to starting a game.
    I went this exact issue for quite some time with the Fanatec V1 pedals.
    The V1 set has throttle and clutch sensors with three set screws which can work loose over time and give that indication as well...not sure on V3.
    I changed three throttle sensors in two years...finally changed the main circuit board on the pedals and that seems to have cured it.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 5, 2015
  6. MrPix

MrPix Registered

Hey man, I have the same issue and tried the Manual Mode checkbox trick that you describe (selecting the deselecting) and the blue bar goes to 100% afterwards. It's fine until I reboot the PC then I have to do it again.... also altering the Signal Resistance by any amount and returning it to my chosen value of 24 has the same effect.

Do you still have the issue and by chance, did you have CSP v2's installed previously?

This works for me, but it's too difficult to get to each time I boot the PC.

7. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

You can leave it on autocalibrate. If I remember correctly, you just make sure you press the pedals all the way down on each PC startup before going into game.

8. MrPix

MrPix Registered

Nope, I'm not talking about in-game Spinelli... I'm afraid you are incorrect this time for a few experiencing this issue with the v3's.

My question still stands for those that have the issue described (not you Spinelli, hehe ;))

Question to those with this issue: Have you had CSP v2's installed previously on the same PC?

The reason I ask is that I did, and the pedal always went to the top in the Fanatec properties panel after a cold boot. With the v3's on the same PC, the blue bar only goes between 30 and 50% when fully depressed after a cold boot..... unless I either unplug/plug the USB connection OR check manual calibration and uncheck it again OR I alter the sensitivity slightly.

On a different PC that has never had the CSPv2's installed, I installed the CSPv3 driver and it works flawlessly after a cold boot.

I'm trying to nail down something common with those that DO have this issue... NOT those that don't.

9. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Hmm....I did have this issue with my CSP V3s, and, yes, I previously had the CSP V2s installed. I uninstall everything w/ Revo Uninstaller advanced mode (with full files and registry delete through the program). I had literally your exact same issue.

Have you tried the following?:

- upon PC boot, open Fanatec properties then press pedals all the way down for a sort-of initial calibration

- upon PC boot, open Fanatec properties, disable auto calibration, then enable it again, then push the pedals all the way down.

- Update to the newest firmware (make sure your pedals are connected direct to PC, not through a wheelbase) through the firmware autoupdater in the Fanatec control panel.

Just trying to help :)

10. MrPix

MrPix Registered

Hey man, thanks for expanding... I will try Revo :)... I'm convinced that it is a registry entry overspill from v2's

- Yes... only goes to 30-50%

this works as my previous post states

no effect

11. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Ya, I used to have to do that everytime I booted/restarted my PC. Only once though, after that it'd be good for as long as I kept my computer on (I can't remember if sleep mode required doing the calibration again). Then it went away after I updated, I believe even the update notes stated the fix. But you already updated it...I wish I could help you more :(

Hopefully revo uninstaller deletes everything. Then use CCleaner's registry cleaner to clean any leftover fanatec entires then reboot.

CCleaner is one of the most used cleaning programs around. Some people have issues with registry cleaners but if you just pay attention to what you're deleting, you should be fine. I haven't had a single issue using Revo Uninstaller and CCleaner in many years. The odd time here and there Revo comes up with registry entries that don't look like they have anything to do with the program (or maybe they do but I'm not sure), in those rare cases (maybe 1 out of 10 or 15 times), I just select the entries that I can tell for sure are related to the program I'm uninstalling. So you shouldnt have issues using them.

Hopefully it helps.

12. MrPix

MrPix Registered

OK so I Revo'ed and CC'ed this morning, rebooted and reinstalled the drivers with the pedals attached to the USB 2.0 slot.

The issue is still there as observed before :(

I am on the latest and greatest drivers....

13. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Darn...I don't know what else to do. I wish I could help you. I guess you'll just have to do a quick full press of the pedals for now. Maybe put the shortcut on your desktop so it goes right to the control panel. If you only have to do it 1 single time - and then you're good forever until you power off or restart your PC - then it's just a one-time 5 or 10 second thing. Hopefully you can get it solved though as it is weird.

P.S. You updated the firmware too, correct? Not just the drivers?

14. MrPix

MrPix Registered

Thanks for trying but you are still incorrect at the understanding of my problem...

A full press only gets the blue bar 30-50% of the way up after a boot or restart, it does not solve the problem at all in any way so your solution is worthless to me unfortunately.

There are a now three ways I am aware of to make the blue bar go all the way up when the brake pedal is depressed following a boot/restart of the PC:

1. Open the Fanatec USB Pedals Property page and move the Signal resistance slider.
    2. Unplug the USB cable and plug it back in again.
    3. Open the Fanatec USB Pedals Property page and check the Enable Manual Mode check box and then uncheck it.

All 3 methods reset the blue bar and it goes to the top....

Once I can video this (despite clear explanation) I will raise the painful support ticket with Fanatec. I was just trying to see if I was not alone so I could provide some common criteria for Fanatec to work with.

Yes on latest version 231(BETA) / 1.23

15. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

That is exactly what I said. Go to the control panel and press them fully. Sorry, I didn't re-write again to first check and then re-uncheck manual cal because I already wrote that in a prior post, as-well as you previously mentioned it, so I'm clearly understanding you perfectly.

Your pedals don't register fully upon PC boot but when you go to the Fanatec control panel, check manual calibrate, re-uncheck, then press pedals fully, then that makes them register 100% and they (thankfully) stay like that unless you reboot your PC. I got it. It's not complicated. And like I said, I had the exact same problem.

Also, Llke I said, sorry I couldn't help you fix it but, until it gets permanently fixed, you could always put a Fanatec control panel shortcut on your desktop and do a one-time (per PC boot), 5-10 second procedure of clicking it, uncheck, check, press pedals, done. With the Fana CP shortcut right on the desktop, it really helps cut the time down (literally 10 seconds) to do it and helps the user remember to do it since it's right there. Of course, fixing the problem is the main priority but until then, the shortcut is the fastest, least hassle way.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2015
  16. MrPix

MrPix Registered

Ok, thanks