Fanatec CSL Elite

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Andy Hernandez, Jan 3, 2019.

1. Andy Hernandez

Andy Hernandez Registered

Just received my wheel today and I tried it with rf2. The game detects the wheel but when I press on the throttle or brakes I don’t see any input. What can I do to fix this?

2. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Registered

Have you tried assigning them manually?
    In the controls menu, to the right in the "Driving" submenu you'll find Throttle, Brake and Clutch and the key it's currently linked to it. Click on it and it'll ask you to assign a new one. Depress each corresponding pedal and it should get recognized.

deCarrera likes this.
  3. Andy Hernandez

Yes it works like that, but do I really need to assign every button? If the wheel was detected why the buttons aren't assign? This sucks.

4. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Registered

Yes you do. You have to assign which button you want for pit limiter, wipers, lights, etc.....just like any other game. It can't predict which button you want for each task :rolleyes:
    If you're annoyed by having to assign 3 pedals and a few buttons, I can already tell you won't last long in rF2 lol

5. vittorio

vittorio Registered

still there should be good default settings for every major wheel. there is no need to assign keys. thats one way to lose customers.

6. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Registered

So you never had to assign buttons on your wheel in R3E, AC, AMS?? Because I did.
    Ridiculous people complain about that.
    In fact this is one of the easiest games to setup, as you don't have to play with multiple variables regarding FFB canned effects to make your wheel feel good

7. vittorio

vittorio Registered

now that you ask, i think i had too (can't remember). but it should be so easy to provide sane default setups for major wheels. easy setup -> lucky customers. or the other way ...

8. Andy Hernandez

My man I just got this wheel and just wanted to take it out for a spin not sit down and map buttons for 30 minutes. But whatever I took care of it but I’m sure I’m missing some buttons.

9. deCarrera

deCarrera Registered

Thanks fsuarez, my inputs not being recognized was driving me insane but your tip got me going. Was searching online for a game manual that can explain all the various settings. Do you know where I can find one?

10. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Registered

Glad I was able to help, but no, sorry....Something rF2 is lacking is proper documentation so I don't think there's any manual out there.
    If you're familiar with sim racing you'll find most of them self explanatory.
    And if you bought the GT3 or Endurance packs, there are some important keys you will want to assign regarding TC and ABS increase/decrease (which are different from the TC/ABS aids) but I'm not close to my gaming PC at the moment, I can't remember what they're called, but you'll probably recognize them.

11. TOCA2FREAK

TOCA2FREAK Registered

It does not take 30 minutes to map your controls. At most I would say it would take 5 minutes. o_O

t0p5ecret likes this.
  12. t0p5ecret

t0p5ecret Registered

I had my CSL Elite up and running in about 5, initially it did the same not recognising inputs straight after installing the Fanatec driver install but a reboot fixed that. I don't understand why something as simple as configuring buttons to the way you want them is such a big deal, I don't want some default setup.