Famous tracks you're "supposed" to like but don't..

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by buddhatree, Aug 22, 2014.

1. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Oh I had some serious issues with Sepang as well, ever since racing it on the PS1.
    That was before rF2 though. After I raced it in this sim I love it lol.

2. costamesa

costamesa Registered

Indianapolis, Nurburgring, Hockenheimring

3. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

If you are open-minded, try a 60s F1 car on Sepang.

4. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

I have tried that a couple of times actually, on a public server. I loved it and hated it at the same time. :)

Sendt fra min LG-E400 med Tapatalk2

5. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

I think so far a lot of tracks listed here aren't meant to be liked. Monaco... I don't know, a lot of people like it in real life due to the event around the race not the track per se. Outside of that, I only saw a couple of shockers - Suzuka, Spa, Monza, Le Mans, and Laguna. Even then, only a couple of incidences for them.

6. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

It goes without saying that a track can be good IRL and suck in sims because limitations of sims. This is doubly true if you value driving over racing. That is why so many people create/like fictional tracks ; because most IRL tracks suck in sims, especially with all but the most insane vehicles. Even with a violent machine like the T280, many tracks are boring. That is why I keep the Spark F1 close by. And if that doesn't do it then you are really talking epically boring track which calls for a 1937 Auto Union. Fortunately for me, sim racing is about inputs and outputs ; fictional or not ; and I am grateful for that.

7. Hoogs

Hoogs Registered

Bahrain GP YUK YUK YUK. Feels like it was made for robots :p

8. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

I wouldn't mind Buddh if it weren't copying A1 so blatantly. It has some interesting turns. Much better than the Sotchi, Korea, Shanghai and Abu Dhabi atrocities.

Let the engines breathe and then we'll talk about superspeedways. I love Atlanta, personally.

9. boblevieux

boblevieux Registered

I don't like to drive Hockenheim (since the rebuild), Daytona, Malaysia, Silverstone, Monaco, Imola, Bahrain, Monza, Suzuka, Enna, Dubai, Zhuhai, Anderstorp and most flat tracks.

10. Thomas Wiesel

Thomas Wiesel Registered

Monza, Malaysia and Indianapolis GP :(

11. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

I actually hate racing at the pre-2001 Hockenheimring. It sucks so bad in all sims I've tried.

Sendt fra min LG-E400 med Tapatalk2

12. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

I don't dislike any tracks, so I never really responded. But what I'd like to say is that I hardly ever drive the Nordschleife. It's a beautiful, amazing track OBVIOUSLY. I just hardly every drive it. I think it must have to do with the length and how that relates to looking at laptimes and sector times. There's so many opportunities to gain and/or loose time, and it takes forever to start the next lap when looking to improve your corner/sector/lap time.

In terms of pure driving enjoyment, it's obviously a marvelous experience though.

Not really a proper answer to this thread (I love the track) but it's the most I can contribute :)

13. Miro

Miro Registered

That's exactly what I thought about the track but then I just started lappping. And then it's everytime just: "one more lap, just one more lap".

14. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

Try it with 60s F1

Edit - Oops nevermind would have helped if I read your post first :p

15. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

16. mart280

mart280 Registered

Indy and Daytona road courses, just boring, I like tracks with lots of undulations and character.

17. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

One more thought, Spinelli. Try DeltaBest at Nords. It allows you to see exactly where you are losing time.