Fail to start rF2 - Steam

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Miro, Oct 23, 2016.

1. Miro

Miro Registered

2. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Try to delete PLAYER.JSON a new one will be generated.

3. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen Registered

The "json" error. :D

Cut/past your player.json to desktop.

launche rF2: it will create a new one.

4. Miro

Miro Registered

Thanks for the hints guys! Player json did not help but I tried then other files aswell and it was the custompluginvariable which caused trouble it seems.
    Thx!

SOLVED

5. Miro

Miro Registered

I have to bump this again. I am having issues with rF2 regulary since 2-3 months the game is crashing all the time randomly. Sometimes it even crashes the whole PC whith a bluescreen left.
    I really have no clue anymore how to solve this and as I am endurnace racing it kinda makes things worse. It really is sort of random, crashes very often whilst being back from track in garage screen or watching done laps whilst still online. I am happy about all suggestions that could help.

I had this issue with windows 10 where I figured I have to update to the aniversary update which I have done and then it was fine again for a week or two but since windows updated itself again the rF2 crashing issue is back again. I don't know really what details to post about it as it is random. I have a few plugins running. Delta best, Track Map and Motec, other than that nothing else.
    Not sure what to do but it is really annoying meanwhile. Sometimes it crashes after 30 min sometimes after 5 min. And it is not like the usual old Nvidia crash where everyhting freezes for a few sec, it just drops immediately down to desktop.

:(

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2016
  6. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

Have you tried with no plugins running? I would recommend trying without Trackmap for starters. Note: Trackmap you need to remove d3d9.dll from your plugins folder, just switching it to OFF in the UI is not enough.

If you have a trace file you can PM me that on here too. Thanks

7. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen Registered

I had some random crashes a few weeks ago. (Not only rF2) This was due to the new geforce experience 3.0beta and its nvidia driver. A few days later nvidia updated their software and driver and all was OK.

One other thing: Windows 10 comes with nvidia drivers and these windows 10 nvidia driver could cause trouble. Not only for rF2
    What i did: downloaded and run the DDU program. (Display Driver Unistaller). It asks if it is ok to disable the windows 10 nvidea driver update. (Because of these windows 10 nvidia issues)

Then downloaded the nvidea drivers and geforce experience from the nvidia webside. And i keep my nvidia drivers up to date with geforce experience.

Don't know if it will fix your problem...

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2016
  8. Miro

Miro Registered

Haven't been running trace but will now. As soon it happens again I'll PM you. Will also check if Track Map is causing it. Thx!

I will try that but I am rather scared meanwhile with this stuff as the last time I attempted to update stuff I had a blackscreen when firing up Windows. So I had to start up everyhitng in safe mode and uninstall nvidia drivers. That was indeed odd as everytime I uninstalled one driver an older version appeared as installed. I had to unintall 3-4 driver version untill I was finally able to start up Windows again. Took a few hours of headache and caused quite a bit frustration and anger towards Microsoft.