FaceTrackNoIR works fine with build 69

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by taufikp, Mar 17, 2012.

1. 4L0M

4L0M Registered

Hi HDJ,

I bought the c270 logitech cam a few weeks ago, and facetrack noir works perfectly with it.
    The only thing i had to change was the y axis in facetracknoir. i had to invert it.

I DIDN'T install the logitech drivers as windows 7 found the cam no problem.

2. hdj

hdj Registered

Think I've done it !

Was a codec problem. Installed K-Lite Codec Tweak Tool 5.3.7 and that seems to have sorted it out.

FTNIR works in build 90 for me but needs major tweaking.

Cheers!

3. sf4JC

sf4JC Registered

Glad to hear you got it working hdj ! I've heard that about certain codecs and FaceTrackNoIR, but never quite understood how it was related as I have the K-Lite Codec Pack installed on my machine. I wish I could remember how I installed it (as well as all the others before the current and never had any problems as far as I know) so v4friend over at FaceTrackNoIR could put it in some sort of documentation. Anyway, tweaking can seem really daunting at times (requires patience for sure), so don't give up, the end result is well worth it.

Scott

4. monkeysout

monkeysout Registered

Thanks for this, worked a treat :)

I had rf2 build 90 fresh install, added facetracknoir 1.6 (for i5 cpu) but not working in rf2.

Uninstalled facetracknoir 1.6, installed 1.3, then installed 1.6, now working, thanks again.

I'm using the curve and general settings mentioned here .... http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/104-Free-Face-Tracking?p=20824&viewfull=1#post20824

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2012
  5. Barf Factor

Barf Factor Registered

This is amazing, I can really look into turns and check mirrors smoothly using this. The only problem is the lag between head movement and in-game movement. Maybe it is partly due to poor lighting of my face

6. sf4JC

sf4JC Registered

FaceTrackNoIR v1.7 will be released soon in beta form (as usual) and is going to give better control of the settings curves (which helps out tremendously). So it should help you get rid of some of the lag, unless it is poor lighting as you suggested. I was kinda hoping the release was going to be before Christmas and New Years, but I still have my hopes up. v4friend just said he had been working on the installer, and is testing it on Windows 8 even.

Scott

7. baked bean

baked bean Registered

hi, dose lifecam hd 3000 work with this face tracking thingy?

8. taufikp

taufikp Registered

9. Barf Factor

Barf Factor Registered

Same here, I had to invert both Y and Z axes

Excellent! I've found I only really need yaw (rotY) when racing so I have set my curves to minimise movement on the other axes. I will try some different settings as I get more used to it. Now I believe the lag was due to the smoothing. I set smoothing to minimum and set the EWMA to slightly faster settings and it is quite acceptable.

I really enjoy being able to look deep into turns, like you do when driving in real life.

edit: actually a lot of the lag seems to be from the faceAPI internal filtering. Setting it to "none" reduces the lag but makes the view jittery. I guess I can live with the lag as a tradeoff for smoothness.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2012
  10. Luc Devin

Luc Devin Registered

11. Barf Factor

Barf Factor Registered

12. Gabkicks

Gabkicks Registered

Fake TrackIr isnt showing up for me as a selectable game protocol. I tried installing 1.3 and then 1.7 and no dice..

Ok i got it working. there is about a half a second of lag though :/

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2013
  13. sf4JC

sf4JC Registered

I can honestly say I haven't spent a whole lot of time with FaceTrackNoIR lately, so at the moment I am unable to possibly give a good settings file to start you out with. Are you using the FreeTrack 2.0 protocol as I think that protocol was updated to also replace the Fake TrackIR protocol. Sorry I cannot help more at the moment, but time is being held captive on a few other projects.

Scott

14. scott.neels

scott.neels Registered

Thanks so much for your time posting this info. I have been enjoying FaceTrackNoIR with many other games and it's been frustrating that I couldn't get it to work with my favorite one rFactor2. I am very grateful. P.s it works perfectly with very little cpu hogging using the point tracker, a modified webcam and three ir led clip. $10 nz[emoji6]

15. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Bump

Delete Media Player ( pos)

Use VLC and Winamp ;) ( no need for codec packs)

Codec packs can cause more trouble than solve problems.